Is GR planning to review Fire Pro Returns?

ROH_mark

Rookie
Every review I see of this game basically comes down to, "LOLZ, TEH GRAFIXZ R TEH SUXXORZZ! 4/10!!1!1!11!111!1!!!!1!".

Hopefully if one of you do review Fire Pro, you understand it's a "Hardcore gamer's" wrestling game, and definitely has a steep learning curve.

The idea behind Fire Pro is that it's not meant to be a spectacle or a glamor shot for pro wrestling. The reason they used updated 2D graphics is because instead of spending an entire development cycle creating pretty, shiny graphics, they focus on the gameplay aspects instead.

Aesthetically, Fire Pro may not look impressive until you see it in action. The characters move with great fluidity when transitioning between moves, and the character models (though 2D) are strikingly similar to their real life counterparts.

The game, like I said, focuses heavily on the gameplay. It features the best wrestling engine that's ever been put to code. The commands are responsive, and quite simply, it's just a whole hell of a lot of fun. There's really no other wrestling game like it.

With all of that said (and countless more could be said about the incredibly deep edit mode or the sheer blast of "Matchmaker" and its exhibition modes), it does have some faults. The average gamer (i.e. you) who has not been privy to its predecessors will probably spend more time wondering why it doesn't look brand new instead of exploring the deep mechanics and replayability it offers. The AI is the most competent I've ever seen in a wrestling game, and sometimes it's too smart.

And that brings me to the only... er... downside? Complaint?

Anywho. The game is a wrestling simulator much in the same way Gran Turismo is a racing sim. Basically, if you can't pull it off in real life, then it can't be done here. It's meant for the hardcore wrestling fans who appreciate more than scantily clad women bouncing around a ring with half the intelligence found in my primal left nut. And that, I think, is its only negative.

The gameplay at first can be unforgiving until you get used to the time-based controls. The roster is mostly comprised of Japanese wrestlers (with the names changed for the sake of avoiding a lawsuit--easily edited , like everything else), so you won't find the average American wrestling fan being terribly interested... but with 500 edit slots for created wrestlers, 327 in-game wrestlers, an edit mode that does not just include in-game or the aforementioned created wrestlers but also ring aprons, ring canvas, arenas, belts, and all of that assorted junk, you can begin to understand why someone would get lost in this game for years.

I dont know dude,
Sounds like a game that will only appeal to the wrestling game fans. So why waste your time reviewing a game for 3 people... 8)

Anyways, there are many other more important games that need to be reviewed and you don't see me whining about it!

Ive played a fire pro game before for the game boy advanced. It seems pretty similar to what Acid said.

As for your comment, why waste your time reviewing super Mario galaxies when its common knowledge the game is incredible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod