Is there any game you're insanely good at?

I've always perceived turn based games as games of luck.

Fuck that one guy who always hits you randomly after the rocket has performed the first act of Swan Lake in the sky.

I used to be pretty pro at WOW before WoTLK came out and I quit. Was in top guild on our server and we ALWAYS had server firsts. Never world firsts or anything like that but I still felt like a bamf being the only mage on the server with the newest set of gear and the highest DPS.

Longo_2_guns said:
Ashalar said:
Worms: Armageddon PC or Worms: Armageddon, the trimmed down XBL download?
The PC version, the PS1 version, the N64 version, you name it.

I played so much with my roommates it pretty much came down to who started first in a heads up match, so pretty much I could hit you anywhere on the map if it was possible. Same with a similar game called Gunbound.

I'm also godmodehax at Mario Kart SNES and 64, Goldeneye, I used to be hax at half life DM, DoD, CS and TF1. Halo 3, MW1/mw2. Didnt get into reach, odst, mw3, black ops (just zombie). Total Annihilation (kingdoms also). Madden 05 (havent played since). Soul Caliber IV

Way back in the day, I was amazing at Crash Team Racing for the PS1. Granted, this was only in my immediate family, but cousins of mine had copies of the game and we went after each other around the track. The only way they could ever beat me was being lucky in arena mode. Any actual race? Even with the unfair "Target the person in first place" power ups, I'd whup 'em good. Ah, the memories of taking the incredibly difficult shortcuts on Polar Pass and nailing them every time always makes me smile.

I was also pretty good at Uncharted 2's MP before I picked up TF2 that July and forgot about U2 for a few months. Came back to find packs of level 60 teams pubstomping random level 20-40 players. When that happened, I dropped the MP for good. A good gaming community should never stack sides, ever. It's unhealthy and - wait, wait, I'm ranting. Back on topic.

I was also very good at Guitar Hero 2. In fact, I'm very good at many games I play around here compared to everyone else, considering I'm pretty much the only person within a 15 mile radius that plays games regularly. I've been defeated before in college local multiplayer on games like Call of Duty: World at War and Melty Blood, when I had NO idea what the controls were nor where they were mapped. Pretty much if I know how to control the game, I can do decent at least.

I think I was a good amateur at Counter Strike 1.6.

Being playing since 1.1, and in 1.6 I felt I had improved my game in every aspect, I had aim, fast reflexes, I could quick scope, had no problems playing with snipers, pistols, AK47 or M4A1, and played on the most respected servers in my country, where sometimes you would see pros enter and play a few maps.

I also watched a lot of matches from the CPL and WCG, back in the day where the best teams were SK, 3D, MouzeSports (something like that), aAa, NiP.

That said, I've almost never played on a team, so on 5v5 I may have a problema adjunsting.

So now I'm looking forward to CS:GO to play against people from other countries and see how it goes.

Bras said:
I think I was a good amateur at Counter Strike 1.6.

Back in the day I had Counter strike for xbox and only played bots on the highest difficulty (didn't have online yet) and I thought I was boss until I went to a game cafe (or internet cafe whatever the hell they're called) and I got railed................ HARD....... They didn't even look me in the eyes during or snuggle afterwards.

Shooting games first or third always came naturally for some reason. For the longest time I was god-like in Halo to everyone I knew. I used to be amazing at COD but I stopped playing. On Burnout 3 takedown i wasn't someone to play with and in Super Smash out of the group of my friends I'm near the top

And no matter how hard I try I cannot do good in MvC 2, I play online and I end up crying afterwards

REVIVAL.
As a child growing up, my parents would drop me off at a roller-rink/arcade called SkateDaze during the summer while they worked. During that time, I became as god-like to the Simpsons arcade game what the kid from The Wizard was to Super Mario 3. All those lost quarters...

Sea-Change said:
REVIVAL.
As a child growing up, my parents would drop me off at a roller-rink/arcade called SkateDaze during the summer while they worked. During that time, I became as god-like to the Simpsons arcade game what the kid from The Wizard was to Super Mario 3. All those lost quarters...

Simpsons arcade was great but that reminds me, was anybody big into the Gauntlet arcade game. Growing up three buddies of mine and I went to some food and arcade place on a school trip and basically we ate a small meal to pour every quarter and minute we had into Gauntlet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod