Is there anyone who doesn't like Call of Duty?

I really don't like Call of Duty. I grew up playing many FPS games, and I don't like the way the genre has been evolving in the last few years. Scripted events, A.I. fucktard companions, limit on how many weapons you can carry, etc.

The recent Wolfenstein was a breath of fresh air to me. The majority of the game plays like a classic FPS. And yes, you can carry all of the weapons. Plus it's absurd, with lightning guns and particle cannons in your arsenal. :D

schimmel said:
^ Don't forget Hellboy.

Is it just me or is this game on Veteran more frustrating than it is hard?

took me six days to beat it on veteran, was painful, but worth every achievement point that all the COD players out there seem to ignore.

Well I'm ignoring it because I can't get past the clusterfuck that is the Favela level. It's simply ridiculous, enemies don't even have to be facing you to shoot at you, and it feels as though the second you pop your head out in the open the game will randomly spawn an enemy somewhere nearby who can shoot at you before you even see anyone.

I do say the Airport mission was pretty hilarious yet creepy. I'm about to try doing some Spec Ops missions.

schimmel said:
pretty hilariously yet creepy? Who let you graduate high school?
PA's Department of Education.
The mission in my mind was comical, and hilarious seeing innocent civilians being shot and screaming. It's creepy because of the detail they put in that mission.

UghRochester said:
schimmel said:
The mission in my mind was comical, and hilarious seeing innocent civilians being shot and screaming. It's creepy because of the detail they put in that mission.

Whoa. Maybe I should give CoD a try after all. :p

UghRochester said:
schimmel said:

I was criticizing your grammar, but I'm thinking maybe now I should report you to the State Department and DHS among other organizations. My dad works for the government, it won't be hard...

schimmel said:
Well I'm ignoring it because I can't get past the clusterfuck that is the Favela level. It's simply ridiculous, enemies don't even have to be facing you to shoot at you, and it feels as though the second you pop your head out in the open the game will randomly spawn an enemy somewhere nearby who can shoot at you before you even see anyone.

I played the game on hardened first and that level was ridiculous. Although it was much easier to beat it when I played it on veteran. I think it's just because I knew what to expect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133