Any good horror games coming out?

Wes

Rookie
I was wondering if any of the current gen's are working on any good horror games besides RE5 and SH5.

I like both kinds of horror, action horror like RE4 that involves slaughtering a barrage of zombies in your path. And psychological horror like SH, where instead of heavy brutal noisy action, everything is quiet and the paranoia gets to you.

Besides Fatal Frame 1 and 2, I've never played a really good horror outside of RE and SH. Dead Rising was okay but it felt more like GTA with zombies IMHO.

So anyone know of any good horror games coming out? Or maybe there is an under-rated game you've played and wish to share?

im waitin for that left for dead game that shit is about to be tight. but your rite theres not a scary game out there. silent hill for the ps2 when your that blonde bitch isnt scary its just creepy.

FEAR had some cool moments that could make you jump in your seat if you got the sound on blast and a big TV. they use that little girl scary moment like alot of asian horror movies do.

Well... there's the resident evil game... But my money is on Dead space. Why? cause I want something new darn it!

Oh and i guess left for dead or The last guy. The last one i'll only play if given to me.

Yeah I'm also waiting for SH5. I'm not going to expect much like I did with part 4, even thought that techniclly wasn't supposed to be a SH game.

All I keep hearing about part 5 is that they've gone back making the game like part 2, so here's hoping for the best!

And I played Dead Rising and I couldn't stand it, not because it was action oriented but because I don't have an HD TV which made the text impossible to read. For some reason the developers wanted to give us non-HD TV players a big FU.

Joe-Warrior said:
I can't remember what it is called, but it's a Japanese zombie like thing coming out for the playstation network
The Last Guy is not horror AT ALL.
It is pretty fun though.

There was this game I heard about awhile ago called Alan Wake. I haven't heard much about it for awhile but it's coming out on the 360.

Dead Space looks rad, really. It won't be the sort of psychological scary of Silent Hill, but more the intense shit fuck shit scary of Alien, Bioshock, or Condemned.

Lien said:
wow... i'm surprised i'm the only guy who mentioned resident evil 5... I feel lonely

Probably because everyone else took 20 seconds to read what Wes had to say.

I also would recommend Alan Wake, but I don't know if there is any progress made on the game.

GhostTrip said:
Lien said:
wow... i'm surprised i'm the only guy who mentioned resident evil 5... I feel lonely

Great. Now I feel stupid :? ... how about I replace "resident evil 5" with "Fatal Frame IV"?

Lien said:
GhostTrip said:
Lien said:

Great. Now I feel stupid :? ... how about I replace "resident evil 5" with "Fatal Frame IV"?

lol, don't feel bad. LinksOcarina did the same thing.

The new Siren that is comming up seems to be a solid horror game.

And about Alan Wake: the release date has ben set on the 3rd February 2009. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod