• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This poll sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grey said:
Kiristo said:
We're still #1, that's all that matters. Who gives a s*** if people think we're cool.

I don't know about calling yourselves number one after f****** up the world economy and picking fights in the middle east. :/

I think that proves my point. As we go, so goes the world. QQ all you want, that won't change things.

And a somewhat humorous additional point. How many of you know who Monica Lewinsky is? How many of you know who the president of Germany is? The former sucked our President's dick and it more popular than most current country's leaders. Actually, it's more sad than humorous.

Longo_2_guns said:
Yeah I'd think that Canada would be the top ally. Then England, then Zeus, then Europe.

Every nation needs a Greek god as an ally. We just happen to have the best.

What a petty issue, is America cool again the day after our presidential election :)

Some of you come off more as America's jilted ex-girlfriend than ally.

But anyways, we need to tax our intellectual properties what they're worth. Since there's no regulating the Internet at the moment, we need find ways for more revenue from our music, movie, and television programming for other countries use.

Tax them what they're worth, it's important to our economy. :) Yes we can.

(of course I'm speaking from a studio standpoint, on who will be raising prices for use, but the branches come back to the root so you understand my reasoning)

What would tv be without U.S.? Yes, it's time to tax that.

You could clean up easily doing that, but piss off a large number of the audience at the same time. :D TV would still be here, it'd just have much less programming to choose from and we'd probably be stuck with obscure Czechoslovakian cartoons in place of our daily Simpsons Fix.

Kiristo said:
I think that proves my point. As we go, so goes the world. QQ all you want, that won't change things.

What? No. Look into the current financial crisis a little more. As you go, so goes the world? Are you aware of how much of the world has been opposing much of America's decisions in the last decade?

Kiristo said:
And a somewhat humorous additional point. How many of you know who Monica Lewinsky is? How many of you know who the president of Germany is? The former sucked our President's dick and it more popular than most current country's leaders. Actually, it's more sad than humorous.

Germany doesn't have a President, they have a Chancellor, Angela Merkel. I like to pay attention to the outside world, it helps me keep a grip on what passes for reality these days. To counter your point, I had to sit and think for a minute of who Monica Lewinsky is. Why? Because a) Her 15 minutes of fame was over a decade ago and b) wasn't even nearly as interesting as many like to believe it to be.

actually grey, germany has a president, his name is Horst Kohler. But I think the Chancellor is more important. I'm not really sure how that works though.

Probably through titanic amounts of paper work. Germany loves to be pedantic about these things.

WOOOO STEREOTYPING

Kiristo said:
Grey said:
Kiristo said:
We're still #1, that's all that matters. Who gives a s*** if people think we're cool.

I don't know about calling yourselves number one after f****** up the world economy and picking fights in the middle east. :/

By your logic Paris Hilton & Lindsay Lohan must be the #1 actors in Hollywood.

Especially with the whole Proposition 8 tragedy, anyone who voted "yes" should re-evaluate their position.

And this (and every other poll) needs a "This poll sucks" option...

Flaming_Tiki_God said:
Especially with the whole Proposition 8 tragedy, anyone who voted "yes" should re-evaluate their position.

And this (and every other poll) needs a "This poll sucks" option...

That's true. However I don't think it makes America "less cool" as we are still having trouble getting it recongised in Australia and many other parts in the world. Not all that many countries allow gay marriage yet.

I never said Denmark was America's greatest ally! :)
I know that is either Israel or UK.

Germany is several states in a federal union, they have:
Bundezkanzler (Federal Chancellor) Angela Merkel
Bundesprí¤sident (Federal President) Horst Köhler
And the country consists of 16 states, known as Bundeslí¤nder.

Used, this forum is the place where I have met the most well-informed Americans, I have just met many that would say "Fuck Europe, they do shit", which is really annoying, since most Europeans countries have sent their young men into war with the Americans.

:)

I think it is the arrogant way that some Americans might behave when they visit or talk about Europe, that really ticks off many.
Simpsons and Family Guy have made fun of this fact several times.
Not aknowledging Europe as being a big factor in the world powers.
Perhaps educating their students better in foreign politics, explain how other countries are.

Rekkie7 said:
I think Australia must be up there, or old Prime Minister was Bush's lapdog for many years. Thankfully we threw him out last year.

John Howard was cloned from Dick Cheney. It's been proven. By science.

I would have to say that the UK is America's greatest ally. Below it would be the other native-English speaking countries (Canada, Australia) followed by Japan. The whole emphasis put on Israel by our politicians is mostly rhetoric to appeal to Jewish voters (and Evangelicals in the case of Republicans).

Tylzen said:
:)

I think it is the arrogant way that some Americans might behave when they visit or talk about Europe, that really ticks off many.
Simpsons and Family Guy have made fun of this fact several times.
Not aknowledging Europe as being a big factor in the world powers.
Perhaps educating their students better in foreign politics, explain how other countries are.

www.realclearworld.com

There's been a real lack of America is number 1 topics around here lately. Not like the good old days when we'd keep an American love fest across the forums. We really need to bring those topics back.

Wait, when was this message board ever pro America? What year was that again?

Oh right, September 11, 2001.

Anyways, we should definitely go back to patting ourselves on the back, as per usual.

The answer can be simple. We could mend fences with the Europeans with an American produced animated series located in Manchester. The Silcox ...? Banner Silcox, anyone??? Such a rascal, that Banner :lol:

Yep, sarcasm.

My point being there's no making anyone happy any longer. Our voices are too loud and our reasons are our own (and only our own in some cases, ask those around you and see how they feel on the matter if you don't believe me).
One voice is louder than hundreds of quiet people doing the right thing, and that's the way it should be.

So I refused to vote in this topic. But I do believe America could make great leeway with Europeans if we dedicated more of our media talent towards their specific markets.

I'm going to vote yes. This is a huge step forward for America and indeed society as a whole. I mean, Obama likes Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye! Can you be any cooler?

America might not always have been cool, but NYC is always cool. We've got Spider-man, Ghostbusters, King Kong, The Godfather, and the Muppets just to name a few.

And if anyone tries to bash us we just bring up 9/11 and they quickly apologize.

Here's to you
asharun061gj6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod