• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This poll sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

schimmel

Rookie
This is moreover a question for our non-American members.
I was just wondering that since we (Americans) finally made the right choice for once, whether or not we were seen in the global eye as "cool" again? Typically I know that if you need to ask you're not cool at all, but we're trying really hard to get back in with you guys and I just wanted to know your thoughts.

America used to be the country that we (Non-Americans) could look at and think, that is truly the land of oppurtunity.
But the past 8 years has really showed the ugly side of America, and I am not talking about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
More the total lack of freedom, CIA secret prisons, torture, crashing the economy.
CIA has secretly flew over danish airspace, and when the danish government asks CIA for more information about this flights, then they did not reply. How can you treat your supposely nearest allies like that?

America should straigthen themselves up again, before they should try and tell people that they are the best.
Sometimes, Iran and USA are equally bad, they both seem like religious fanatic countries, that uses Crusade retoric.

I also know that Obama probably will focus a lot more on the domestic problems, rather than the international one, that is good.

Regarding the topics question, no, USA is not "cool" again, it is still better for an American to say they are Canadian if they want to visit their allies in Europe.

uh...the CIA doing shady things for decades, that isn't something that just started during the Bush administration.

Shaft said:
uh...the CIA doing shady things for decades, that isn't something that just started during the Bush administration.

Actually, they begun being shady against their allies too, after 9/11.
Before that the intelligence offices in the respective countries, and governments were told if they had company.

It was some journalists that "caught" the CIA here, and now the government here is rather pissed, because they did not know of this.

wait,wait. since when is denmark their closest ally?
secondly, why does the CIA suck so much it got caught?

America, you're not cool yet. If you're wondering if you can be cool again though tell yourself this: Yes We Can.

and yes. Mighty O' Canada is the most loved place on earth.

I don't know where "cool again" is coming from, I can't think of a time that America was ever that cool to begin with (sorry guys :p).

But as someone else said, this is a big step in the right direction.

Tylzen said:
Shaft said:

Actually, they begun being shady against their allies too, after 9/11.
Before that the intelligence offices in the respective countries, and governments were told if they had company.

It was some journalists that "caught" the CIA here, and now the government here is rather pissed, because they did not know of this.

closest allies are the dutch?

Go figure, but Shaft is right, it's been well publicized that American and Canadian agents are often spying on each other, no one shits a brick over it really

as for the question at hand, not quite, Canadians for example have felt allienated during the Bush administration, so theres a lot of pick up to do, but it was definatley a step in the right direction

America will always be cool. I mean, every few years you totally fuck the world over and plunge us into a war, usually as a campaign strategy for some sitting president who wants to get re-elected, but as long as all our TV shows and movies come from America we're quick to forgive.

America and the rest of the world is like a really unhealthy relationship where we always get pissed off and run away every time you get drunk and slap us, but then you get a new president and we come back and the cycle starts all over again.

Kiristo said:
We're still #1, that's all that matters. Who gives a s*** if people think we're cool.

In what? WMDs?

But yes, after the election America is cool again. It's from the goodwill the world is giving Obama. Ofcourse if things don't work out then we'll hate you all the more for it...but I have a good feeling about him.

I am not dutch.

Denmark might be a small country, but we help America with everything we got.
Our government supported McCain and Bush, tells you a bit on how "Americanized" they are.
We were on of the few countries to invade Iraq with the Americans, and we also tried to find Osama with our Spec.Ops.

But the avg. American probably don't know that they have close allies in Europe.
Denmark is also one of the founding nations of NATO.

2006_06_09_rasmussen.jpg

schimmel said:
This is moreover a question for our non-American members.
I was just wondering that since we (Americans) finally made the right choice for once, whether or not we were seen in the global eye as "cool" again? Typically I know that if you need to ask you're not cool at all, but we're trying really hard to get back in with you guys and I just wanted to know your thoughts.

Right choice in the European whoopsie mindset. The last thing we want is you guys, who are getting bullied around by the Russians, is your opinion on what you think is the right choice.

Europe lost it's spine back in '38, hopefully a Russian boot up Poland's ass will kick the rest of your ninnies back in shape.

America is always and will always be the coolest country in the world. Our freedom, despite restrictions placed upon us by deh Bush, is still years ahead of freedom in the rest of the world. Nevermind the loonie hardcore leftists like stal (I luv you, you complete me :oops: ), most of America does not agree with Obama's liberalism, but they wanted change, and boy are they going to get it. The population is still mostly conservative, let's hope Obama plays the middle fiddle instead of the leftist horn.

Kiristo said:
We're still #1, that's all that matters. Who gives a s*** if people think we're cool.

I don't know about calling yourselves number one after fucking up the world economy and picking fights in the middle east. :/

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
America is always and will always be the coolest country in the world. Our freedom, despite restrictions placed upon us by deh Bush, is still years ahead of freedom in the rest of the world.

Nope. Here in the UK we laugh at what you guys are calling, "Freedom" these days. We're one step away from living in what we consider a Police State and we still don't have some of the ridiculous infringements on human rights you guys get imposed on you. But that said, you guys are far more free than most other countries.

Quit talking about what the average American does or doesn't know, Tylzen. (Icepick is Canadien btw) I don't talk about how the average Danish citizen smells like cream.

Tylzen said:
I am not dutch.

Denmark might be a small country, but we help America with everything we got.
Our government supported McCain and Bush, tells you a bit on how "Americanized" they are.
We were on of the few countries to invade Iraq with the Americans, and we also tried to find Osama with our Spec.Ops.

But the avg. American probably don't know that they have close allies in Europe.
Denmark is also one of the founding nations of NATO.

2006_06_09_rasmussen.jpg

To call a smaller Euro nation it's greatest ally is a stretch by any imagination, one would clearly assume it's Canada, or Britain. Canada sent troops to Afghan, Canada took in planes on 9/11, Canada has shares the largest undefended border, and some of the longest standing trade deals, but no you're right, you guys sent a few commandos in, I can post a picture of every president meeting with our Prime Minister or Britains, it hardly stands for much

I think Australia must be up there, or old Prime Minister was Bush's lapdog for many years. Thankfully we threw him out last year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod