I miss Stalfros

Lethean said:
Yeah but it's not for me. I know I'm qualified for GOOD paying jobs. Just never know where to look :(.

There are "good" paying jobs out there right now but a bunch of people feel "over qualified" - don't be one of those people.

If you do ever decide to bite the bullet and get a decent paying job - make sure its something that is as close to stress free as possible and that you won't HATE it in 8months.

Well, my definition of good is something other than retail or call center work. I feel I'm over qualified for minimum wage retail jobs or 10 dollar an hour call center jobs. I don't feel I'm over qualified for anything else really. And you hit the nail on the head - Netflix was easy and paid 14 an hour but it was stressful as hell. I ended up hating it after 6 months, a record for me and a job.

jobs are out there for anyone. the recession is just an excuse for lazy people to not find one. they feel like they can tell people oooh it's soo hard to find a job right now, and it be acceptable.

i dont think im over qualified for anything, i am definitely under qualified for a lot though. if i dont have work ill take any job i can get and look for a better one in the meantime. you never have to be "stuck" in a job, you can leave anytime you want, and with that mind set you should be able to stay sane. always be lookin for something better.

i was stuck in a factory making armor for various countries including the US marines for a year. and i felt like i was just that, stuck, until i realize i could quit as soon as i find something better, and i did. the job may sound cool, but it was a nightmare.

the morale was awful. all anyone did at break was bitch about work, the team leader of my department was a phucking retard, pay was ok was about the only +, there were zero windows to the outdoors, doors could not be opened etc. so people couldn't sneak in and snap pictures at the process. it literally felt like prison. worst year of my life.

That's kinda lame. I have a job right now so I'm definitely not lazy....But it's a ten dollar an hour, scripted call center job. I have learned one thing about myself - I hate call center work, especially scripted call center work lol.

ive never worked in a call center because i wouldn't be able to handle it, i'd get fired. so i've always made anything else my priority. hopefully i never have to. i wouldn't snap on rude people, or hang up, i'd just be a sarcastic ass and play along with their rage. and lose my job in the process.

Agreed Rain.

There is work out there that able bodied people would be able to do - but it would require a lifestyle change that most people arent willing to give up.

I do feel trapped, but only b/c i need my job to finish up my masters. After that - I'll wait tables until I find something I absolutely LOVE.

A career isn't that important to me anymore, because its becoming more and more prevalent that the retirement system that my mom and dad grew up with will be obsolete by the time I reach 30 or so.

So contentment is the ultimate end game.

Call Center jobs blow. its a bunch of people who know that they are doing the devils work. Most everyone hates it there, and people you call hate your guts - but its a shining example of people doing whatever they need to to make ends meet.

{Where's Eyebrows on this topic? I'd love to hear his take on finding employment.}

I suppose I should further expand upon what I'm looking for right now - Part time work that doesn't suck and pays well. I imagine a good job can be found full time as I didn't even have to look hard to get hired at Netflix but good part time employment is a challenge it seems. Oh well. Either a few more months to one year and I'll hopefully be on the Portland Fire and Rescue team so it'll be gravy after that!

One thing you're absolutely right about Raine is the morale at a job. If you're around a bunch of people who don't even want to be there, it makes it worse than it may already be. But judging by your situation, it sounds like it was pretty bleak regardless.

Bleh, usually it's not what you know it's who you know. If it wasn't for my uncle I wouldn't have a sweet job which i'm not exactly qualified for. But I do a good job at pretending like I know what i'm doing even though i've only figured out about half of my job responsibilities... I think...

My point is sometimes you just gotta get lucky :?

Oh Wow.

I can't believe I actually read Rain's posts. I need to wash my brain out.

Colin: I live in an area that isn't really affected by the recession as far as employment (Unless you count Public School teachers). I also have lots of experience and I am good at what I do.

Also, I am about to give my first feedback to a subordinate today.. wish me luck. I think I'm gonna just ban him. :)

StalfrosCC said:
Oh Wow.

I can't believe I actually read Rain's posts. I need to wash my brain out.

Colin: I live in an area that isn't really affected by the recession as far as employment (Unless you count Public School teachers). I also have lots of experience and I am good at what I do.

Also, I am about to give my first feedback to a subordinate today.. wish me luck. I think I'm gonna just ban him. :)

you love me. we both know we have an undying love for each other and neither of us will be satisfied until we are together at last.

Longo_2_guns said:
Stal still hasn't accepted me as a friend. I'm going to go kill myself now.
Then my job here is done.
0001jj.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle