Huffin' Puffin'

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
So I don't know how many of you are going to be buying into the episodic nature of Telltales The Wolf Among Us, but after enjoying both Back to the Future and Walking Dead I figured why not. It's good. Another great story so far with a cliff hanger that drops you.

They upped their gameplay too. While the puzzles continue to be pretty easy, the QTEs are more involved and have grown from what I did in WD. All in all for 5 bucks, it made for a good two nights. And this is just the first part.

My advice when playing the first episode, don't do the obvious. You might learn more things this way.

Yeah I played a nice play through and I'm about to play a big and bad one. It is nice to be able to take it down in a small chunk and I imagine I'm going to replay episodes more than I would the full games.

Yeah it's a little disappointing that WD's biggest flaw – easy puzzles with only one scripted solution – still seem to be a big flaw here. You're playing a detective with super powers, it would be nice if they cranked up the puzzles a bit.

Also, of course the plot shouldn't be 1:1 with the comic, that would be obvious. But that it differs so much is also an issue. It says it's supposed to be a prequel but it feels more like an alternate timeline or something. And the arc in the comic that this ep seems to be based off is better.

Oh crap. This is a prequel? I hadn't paid attention and just figured tis was a alternate, possibly watered down version of several of the books.

Yeah, like how Ichabod is still the Deputy Mayor. It also does mess with the story of the books though.

So that's what I'm saying. Who is this for? Fans of the series will be annoyed by the differences and non-fans will just be confused.

Good game, but so far not as good as TWD.

Well first off, if we are talking about the books here, anything that is making me forget the "animal farm" story arc from the comic is a good thing. And the game does just that. Not related to the game or anything mentioned, just wanted to point it out here... that was the lowest point in the comic book series for me at least.

Second off, Used is going a little too far by saying it's messing the story of the books and the target demographic isn't clear. For me, this is just set between the "A Wolf in the Fold" story arc and the first issues of the series. Remember, in the Fables comics, fable character just don't die off that easily. They made that part very clear in the prologue and how many times in the comics do fables die off just to be revived in the next issue because they apparently can? Too much. But without going into spoiler town here and this is only speculation, remember "These lips are sealed". Too early to speculate on this.

I believe this game is a very good introduction to the comics to non-fans or to the people who haven't went pass the 5th issue, there isn't any confusions like used said and it's much to early to speculate where this game is going through. So in other word, just treat this game as part of the franchise, not part of the main story.

Also pick up the tarot cards on Ichabod's desk before you leave the room. I got a feeling it'll be useful in the next chapter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle