Good exercise tips

They say your biggest meal of the day should be breakfast. Apparently whoever said that is either a stay-at-home mom or currently living off unemployment cheques from the government,

I would love to have a gigantic breakfast every morning complete with bacon, eggs, homefries, sausage, waffles and a bunch of fruit. But that would require me to wake up an hour earlier everyday. Since I very much enjoy my sleep I say screw that.

Shut up, used!

On a up note, I grappled for five or so minutes and dominated the other guy. I'm out-of-shape, but technique wins.

intoTheRain said:
There are reasonably healthy options at fast food places, mcdonalds excluded.
Australian maccas has a really delicious seared chicken wrap with lettuce and cucumbers that's pretty healthy. Only bad part is the sweet chilli sauce, which i'm pretty sure is 80% sugar, but there's such a small amount of it, it's not too bad.

Grab one of those and a water and you're good.

intoTheRain said:
Excercise tip 1: Diet is more important than the gym. If your option was eating a garbage diet and working out, or eating an excellent diet and not working out, go with plan B. You'll look and feel far better.

Exercise tip 2: getting in shape does not require you to be in the gym for 1.5 hours lifting weights. In fact, if you're lifting any longer than 45 minutes to an hour tops, you're basically hindering the process past that point. Get in, work out hard, be out in 45 minutes. the gym is not a case of the longer you workout the more in shape you get, it's the opposite, unless you're juicing.

exercise tip 3: do not neglect your legs.. please.

exercise tip 4: start with proper form, focus on that first. no one gives a s*** if you're lifting low weight. what people WILL laugh at is if you think you're a hero lifting WAY more than you can, with brutal form. nothing like seeing some douche bag load up a bar with 100 lbs more than he can actually bench press and he lowers the bar an inch. learn proper form and your lifts will double within a month or two anyway, and you'll grow a lot faster.

exercise tip 5: gym etiquette. do not curl in the squat rack.. do not grunt, do not smash weights together at the top of every rep, do not slam your weights on the floor. etc.

exercise tip 6: take something immediately post workout with sugar and protein in it, even if it's chocolate milk. a recovery shake is optimal.

tip 7: my routine anymore is Mon - Chest Tues - back Wed - Legs thurs - shoulders/traps fri - arms, week 2 I do mon - upper, tues - lower, wed off/cardio, thurs upper, fri - lower. I LOVE this routine. you get the benefits of a full muscle group split AND upper/lower split. you hit all muscle groups twice one week while allowing for optimal recovery time. then the next week you hit them more directly hitting those spots you might be missing with upper/lower splits.

tip 8: i dunno ask..

i've been into fitness since grade 9, but always fall off the wagon. i'm a perfectionist, if i'm going to the gym i eat flawless and exercise becomes my life.

I'm just getting back into it after a 1.5 year hiatus. I've went from 230 lbs to currently at 205 lbs in 2.5 months. pretty cut right now, but going to go to 190 lbs. Then bulk back up to 200 lbs. Then do a final cut back to 190 for the summer.

this time i've taught myself that I CAN indulge now and then, as long as i get right back on the horse the next day. Saturdays are generally my do whatever i want after 5PM day. This way hopefully I'll keep at it for life now and not stop going. going well so far..

you should write a book lol i agree with everything u said! ESPECIALLY TIP #5!!!! hahahaha grunting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod