Good exercise tips

Gunner37 said:
But the things I have heard about insanity are well hell on earth for the first like week and a half

You can do serious damage to your joints if you are not already in decent shape. You don't want to jump into something like that if you haven't been doing any physical activity at all. Serious injury is really likely. You should only switch to a program like that if you've already been decently active for a while.

Lethean said:
At home exercise? P90x or insanity. Seriously.

If you want to be in the best shape of your life though find a good Crossfit group and do that combined with eating paleolithic. You'll be set!

I think Lethean is a modern exercise and diet fad adbot. :p

But seriously, I am in the process of completing the insanity workout. I feel like an absolute idiot/homo doing half of the exercises and stretches, but it is a good workout. Especially the 1hr long "max" workouts that you do halfway through the program.

I don't think you really need to be int he best of shape to start the program either. I'm not saying 70 year old grannies could do it, but if a person can complete the fit test at the beginning, I don't see them having a problem with it. The first few weeks of the program only exist to build your body up for the rest of it. Also if you do insanity, be sure to follow the diet they give you. All the foods are easy as hell to make and most of them taste freaking delicious (I would stay away from the banana protein smoothie, the serving is huge and it is like drinking chalk that stayed in a banana overnight).

FrozenBacon said:
Lethean said:
At home exercise? P90x or insanity. Seriously.

If you want to be in the best shape of your life though find a good Crossfit group and do that combined with eating paleolithic. You'll be set!

I think Lethean is a modern exercise and diet fad adbot. :p

But seriously, I am in the process of completing the insanity workout. I feel like an absolute idiot/homo doing half of the exercises and stretches, but it is a good workout. Especially the 1hr long "max" workouts that you do halfway through the program.

I don't think you really need to be int he best of shape to start the program either. I'm not saying 70 year old grannies could do it, but if a person can complete the fit test at the beginning, I don't see them having a problem with it. The first few weeks of the program only exist to build your body up for the rest of it. Also if you do insanity, be sure to follow the diet they give you. All the foods are easy as hell to make and most of them taste freaking delicious (I would stay away from the banana protein smoothie, the serving is huge and it is like drinking chalk that stayed in a banana overnight).

Haha not at all Lawsi! I've been a proponent of Crossfit for a couple of years now. I just don't do it because I'm too broke for their membership dues. As far as paleo goes, I've also been a proponent for that for quite a while. Just now it's becoming a bit of a fad unfortunately. I also hate calling it a paleo diet because diet insinuates something like south beach or atkins or hell, even the master cleanse. It's basically just clean eating and eating only what you'd be able to find in the natural world without processing. In the simplest matter of speaking anyways.

Now P90X and Insanity are definitely more fad than either paleo or crossfit but they work. Oh and if you want a good banana protein shake try this! 1 scoop Gold Standard banana cream protein powder, 2tbsp all natural peanut butter, 8oz milk, 1 banana - Blend it all together and be in heaven. Milk isn't paleo but shit....Who can live without milk? Well...I guess most of us.

My wife did a paleo diet for three months and worked out about two years ago. It worked wonders for her and helped her lose a lot of baby weight. It's not even the hardest diet to follow.

Calories in vs. Calories out is the only diet you need to know.

But i think some people like the fad diets because its more exciting.

intoTheRain said:
Calories in vs. Calories out is the only diet you need to know.

But i think some people like the fad diets because its more exciting.

Again, it isn't really a fad. And honestly calories in vs calories out is great for losing weight but food choices like paleo are about more than that. It's all about clean eating for the body and keeping it pure. It takes us back to what we used to eat before all this heavily processed stuff that could potentially be wreaking havoc on our bodies. Hell, look at the rise in obesity since the introduction of shit like high fructose corn syrup.

So I feel that certain eating choices move beyond "I want to look good naked" but rather a more personal, health conscious choice. Top athletes eat paleo or the dolce diet or something similar because of the benefits. Now, I don't think someone is a fat slob who doesn't follow them. It isn't necessary. I just happen to like them :). I also hate fad diets and unfortunately something can be really beneficial but once it's labeled as a "fad" it isn't taken as seriously. Hell, look at games like CoD. Once the series sold hundreds of millions of copies, it lost credibility with the "hardcore" gamers.

Wow, thanks guys!

It's hard to eat healthy when every single fast food resturant is a 30 second walk from where you work. And I'm too lazy to bring my own lunch but I'm going to try and start.

Wes said:
Wow, thanks guys!

It's hard to eat healthy when every single fast food resturant is a 30 second walk from where you work. And I'm too lazy to bring my own lunch but I'm going to try and start.

Hell yeah it is. I always forget/neglect to leave myself enough time to prep a lunch or snack for my work day and all I have around me is Starbucks, Subway and delicious Portland food carts. Thankfully I am fortunate enough to work on the same street as a sushi bar so my love for sushi has helped me make healthy eating choices. Your lucky you and IntoTheRain don't have to deal with as much processed, chemically "enhanced" food as in the U.S.

Lethean said:
Your lucky you and IntoTheRain don't have to deal with as much processed, chemically "enhanced" food as in the U.S.

Really? I always thought that was a myth that was spread amongst my fellow snotty french Canadians.

I'm similarly lazy when it comes to packing a lunch. 95% of the time I just skip lunch altogether, which is also not good for you.

Wes said:
Wow, thanks guys!

There are reasonably healthy options at fast food places, mcdonalds excluded.

At Wendys i get the grilled chicken burger with a side salad and a diet coke.

Most have a reasonable option or two if youre in a rush and NEED to stop.

Wes said:
Lethean said:
Your lucky you and IntoTheRain don't have to deal with as much processed, chemically "enhanced" food as in the U.S.

Really? I always thought that was a myth that was spread amongst my fellow snotty french Canadians.

Its true to an extent. Canada just has stricter laws about what is and isnt allowed in our food.

If im buying something i find whats made/grown in canada for health reasons. Second choice though is the US. I will not buy food from a place like Mexico.

intoTheRain said:
Wes said:
Wow, thanks guys!

There are reasonably healthy options at fast food places, mcdonalds excluded.

At Wendys i get the grilled chicken burger with a side salad and a diet coke.

Most have a reasonable option or two if youre in a rush and NEED to stop.

Yeah, but I mean come on, who the hell goes to McDonalds for a Salad? And I'm not talking about the people in their advertisments, we all know those commercials are used to cover their ass when the obese sue.

Hmmm, what will I have? A tasty Big Mac with fries and a root beet, or a salad? I think people who order salads at Mickey D's are just getting extra toppings for their Big Extra. You can never have too much lettuce!

Eating lunch and remembering to pack lunch are where I fail. I also never eat breakfast. So it's usually a mid-day snack and dinner for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod