Getting A Laptop, Hows WiFi Work?

So I'm gonna get myself a nice cheap laptop (~$300) that I can take to the local pub, have a brew and use their WiFi. Question: what do I need to do to get my laptop on their WiFi?

most laptops have a little switch somewhere you can flip to access wifi. make sure its on, click on your internet setting and search for available networks. if its public there usually isnt a password.

Sweet, so any recommendations? Netbook, notebook, wtf? I just want something I can use to dl totally legal stuff and hook up to the TV to watch. Also if it can burn CDs/DVDs thats a plus.

trust_no_one said:
madster111 said:
It's impossible to buy a brand new laptop without built in wi-fi today.

Doesn't have to be new, I just want a cheap laptop with WiFi and CD/DVD burning capabilities.
Then you might want to take a look at 95% of the laptops made within the last 5 years.

Pretty sure they'll have that.

^^ Alot don't have DVD burning (cheap ones anyway). I was wondering about the WiFi as in do I need something for it or is it all inside.

Anyway got an Acer for under $400, details later going pirating!

I got an HP for 300$, ultra-lightweight (under 3 pounds) and I just got an external DVD-RW drive for it, so i can burn and watch DVDs on it, or plug it into my TV and watch movies/shows/play small games (Such as Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun, for free, link is on GR under the game) and listen to my music and such, it's really all I need. I have a massive gaming PC with quad-core processor and nVidia 9800GT card if I want PC gaming, but I have a 360 (Just got it) and a PS3 (Year and a half old) so, I don't use it much.

EDIT: And yes, my e-peen is far larger than yours after this statement. :p 8)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133