GameRevolution's Podcast Beta

Hey guys,
Here's a very special Episode... Zero. I'm not posting this to the front page. This is just for you guys. It's pretty rough. This was essentially our dry run of the new podcast. We'll be recording a new podcast tomorrow, so if you give it a listen and drop some feedback in this thread, we'll be able to tweak the format and make it better!
http://www.mediafire.com/?xf14tjxxvod0rjr

Also, while I selected the music for the the intro, outro, and each segment, I thought I'd throw it out there and see if you guys had some tracks you'd like to hear on the podcast.
It has to be on YouTube for us to use and it has to be a piece of video game music. Drop a link for one of those in there and we'll give you a shout out in our show notes.

TL;DR
New podcast,
Episode 0
for the forums only
Feedback
Also, got a video game music track for intro outro etc?

It's not on youtube, but I'm sure I could get an mp3 of it.

soundcloud.com/teezamusic/green-hill-zone-temix

It's under an hour, so if you do have time to listen tonight, please do so that tomorrow's recording can make good on any suggestions/comments you have.

I should have posted this earlier, but I fell asleep. Here's my suggestions
-Intro music is too long. Make it say "Welcome to the GR Podcast etc." like around the 5-10 second mark.
-Like hearing the train still coming by periodically. Not really a suggestion, just glad I can still hear the environment around you guys.
-The editing needs worked on (which you guys probably already know). For example, the segment intros just come out of nowhere.

Other than that, love the format. It feels like the "old skool" podcast. Now. if you guys could try to get more listeners. Was the podcast ever mentioned on the GR homepage? Also, My condolences to Sebastian's window, and I would love to see Daniel roll his arms around yelling, "Do a barrel roll!"

-Intro music is indeed too long
-More energy at the beginning, cleaner introductions
-The sound quality is obviously pretty poor, especially Daniel's mic, for whatever reason
-The format is exactly that of the old podcast, not sure if that was intentional, but not very original. Maybe trim down the news segment and add something fresh
-Nick rambles a bit too much (sorry Nick!)
-This is my main suggestion, which I've already told Dan in Cov Ops: all the hosts need to see the Listener Questions ahead of time. This would make that whole section run smoother, and decrease topics being passed over completely. If you think a question is lame (like Stal's and Longo's) then don't ask it.
-Cleaner outro with higher energy and a quick look at what's coming up, both in the next podcast and for the site in the next week.

UghRochester said:
I should have posted this earlier, but I fell asleep. Here's my suggestions
-Intro music is too long. Make it say "Welcome to the GR Podcast etc." like around the 5-10 second mark.
-Like hearing the train still coming by periodically. Not really a suggestion, just glad I can still hear the environment around you guys.
-The editing needs worked on (which you guys probably already know). For example, the segment intros just come out of nowhere.

Other than that, love the format. It feels like the "old skool" podcast. Now. if you guys could try to get more listeners. Was the podcast ever mentioned on the GR homepage? Also, My condolences to Sebastian's window, and I would love to see Daniel roll his arms around yelling, "Do a barrel roll!"

Haha, really I hate that the train comes in and dumps on the podcast like that but whatever.

I'll shorten up the intro music and and yeah I know the editing needs work. This is my first time and it will improve over time.

used44 said:
-Intro music is indeed too long
-More energy at the beginning, cleaner introductions
-The sound quality is obviously pretty poor, especially Daniel's mic, for whatever reason
-The format is exactly that of the old podcast, not sure if that was intentional, but not very original. Maybe trim down the news segment and add something fresh
-Nick rambles a bit too much (sorry Nick!)
-This is my main suggestion, which I've already told Dan in Cov Ops: all the hosts need to see the Listener Questions ahead of time. This would make that whole section run smoother, and decrease topics being passed over completely. If you think a question is lame (like Stal's and Longo's) then don't ask it.
-Cleaner outro with higher energy and a quick look at what's coming up, both in the next podcast and for the site in the next week.
Replying so that you know I've seen this.
Yeah my mic was fucked for some reason last week but I've already got the fix in place for that.
We'll get questions in front of hosts before the show starts.
Finally, the "forecast" will be added at the end.

I'd just like to see a bit of trimming. I understand this was episode zero, so no biggie. Just make stuff a little more concise in transitions, intros, outros, etc.

Any critique I have will surely be fixed with experience (segues, editing) so good luck with it and I already can't wait for the next one.

The only critique that I could give is that you probably need to work on making the transitions between segments a bit smoother. Seems like when you go to the next segment it interrupted whoever was talking.

I'd also like to see something original to at least separate the new podcast from the old one. Like say a ranting section where you guys rant what you hate about the video game industry. But this is just a suggestion.

Other than that, good work.

We just finished up recording a new one today. I'm editing right now.
I hate to say it but I think the transitions still need work....
As far as something original goes, yes I agree, and there is something in the works that will set us apart from... basically every other podcast, but we're not ready to talk about it and we're mostly just trying to get the podcast off the ground with a solid format.

Bretimus_v2 said:
The fact that this is a sober podcast distinguishes it.
I'll be honest with you that the drunken podcast will never return. Sorry if anyone misses it. There are many reasons. The idea is that we don't need to be drunk to be entertaining.

danielrbischoff said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
The fact that this is a sober podcast distinguishes it.
I'll be honest with you that the drunken podcast will never return. Sorry if anyone misses it. There are many reasons. The idea is that we don't need to be drunk to be entertaining.

This idea is wrong. Maybe. Drunken nights in Day of Defeat or COD4 always beat sober, same principles!

But that's not to say that you being drunk can't lead to you being entertaining...

As the eternal designated driver, I have accrued some amazing stories.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod