Festivals!

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
Sorry, not you Festy. This topic is about weird festivals in your area. Right now, our annual Maple Syrup Festival is going on. Half of Beaver County shows up in this huge lodge to munch down on pancakes and sausage, all you can eat that is. The maple syrup isn't no Mrs. Butterworth's either. This is made from our wooded area, which is pretty tasty. I feel bad for the Boy Scouts, because they have to do all the cooking and serving.

Any weird festivals in your area?

Here in Dallas, we're having the Wildings this time of year. It's when street gangs initiate their new recruits by having them beat, rape, rob and shoot innocent civilians, mostly the elderly. It's a pretty dark time. The Wildings coincide with the changing of the season and that means it's time for the Dallas Arboretum's famous Bluebonnet Bonanza, a festival of spring flowers and events. But even that takes on a dark tone when you have mostly the elderly celebrating at the Bonanza... So many dead bodies thrown into the bamboo garden last year...

Spring is in the air! So be careful.

I wish, all this country has is beer festivals. And when I say festivals, I mean a load of homebrews in gazebos.
Beer tasting, and garden shows...for some reason we bum those two things.

Not complaining by the way.

Well there was the Feastival of Blood a little while back, but I didn't go to it.

Probably should have.

A lot of Marijuana, Renaissance, and Harvest festivals go on in this area. I've yet to go to any, even though they all hold my interests. I guess I just wish they'd combine them into some sort of super Medieval/Stoner/Food hybrid festival. I'd definitely be in for that.

Let's see...

We've got a bunch of Berkeley festivals, which are usually quite boring. So, skipping those.

And then there's Bay to Breakers, which is an event more than a festival, but fuck it, it's awesome.

I don't think we have weird festivals, but we have a lot of them. Or events, or whatever. Some are more official than others. To list a few:

Festival of Lights, Celtic, Dragon Boat, Food Cart, Cherry Blossom, Lantern, Cranberry, Salmon, Hot Chocolate, Word on the Street, Bard on the Beach

Festivals are so great. I love being about to go out and celebrate... stuff! :)

Summer is full of music festivals, but there's nothing really big festivals that would show in the streets. More so small event type of happenings that you really need to look for to know they're happening.

Seriously though. People come from all over the world to eat garlic butter scampi, drink beer outdoors, drop their kids off at the line of bounce houses, and then sit in an outdoor amphitheater and watch Elvis impersonators dance around... Oh, and Garlic Ice Cream. I think everyone's small town has some stupid bull shit festival.

danielrbischoff said:
Anyone heard of the Gilroy Garlic Festival?

That whole town smells like garlic. Every time you go by there on Hwy 101 you know when you're getting close to Gilroy because of the smell. I love garlic more than most people, but I think it would kind of suck to live there.

You'd never notice it if you were living there. I mean... walk right up to the field on a hot sunny day and you'd probably smell it, but living there it's just normal. Leave it and come back and you'll recognize it right away... and then think nothing more of it because you don't notice it after the first 5 seconds.

Also bell peppers. Those smell pretty strongly in Gilroy too, especially during the summer.
Chris_Crime said:
^I'd love to go to one cosplaying as a vampire wearing a YOLO shirt
That would be hilarious and I'd love to see it. I don't know if it's already been done or not though. People who say something about vampires in Gilroy get the "oh, that's right, I live in a shithole where all we grow is garli" look, though there's a big mural in town where there's like a vampire hiding out that I always thought was interesting/funny.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod