Favorite Comic Book Character(s)

Too many to pick a favourite.

But growing up I was a big fan of the animated Batman, X-Men, Spider-Man from the 90's. Batman actually gets better with age but X-Men was always my fave and Wolverine was always my fave X-Man so I'll go with him.

Best villian was always Venom and Apocalypse although Magneto and The Joker/Harley Quinn were always awesome.

Spawn.jpg

The HBO show was great

I always liked the Hulk the most. He was a pretty straight forward character. Something would piss him off and he would change and start wrecking shit. Who can't relate to that? He had the Frankenstein angle to him in that he wasn't evil but because of his appearance and tendency to cause havoc, he was mistrusted and feared.

Then like most comics do, as the years go on they have to keep changing stuff up to keep things fresh so you got red hulks and grey hulks, and space hulks and smart hulks and all this other stuff. I haven't bought any comic books since the 90's so I have no idea whats going on with the story anymore.

OKAY, HERE WE GO! I decided to limit my list to my five favorite characters, heroes or villains.

5. THE FLASH

I fucking love the Flash for so many reasons. He's among the most kindhearted, loving people in the DC Universe, and plus he's just fucking awesome. He simply wants to see the world be a better place, and whether it's on the job or as a hero, that's what he cares about.

Plus, he's really fucking awesome.

tumblr_kz755feON31qbqh7po1_500.jpg

HONORARY MENTION: BETA RAY BILL
I feel I need to mention Beta Ray Bill, just because he's so ridiculously fun that I can't ignore him.

He's basically a horse alien that has the power of Thor. Except he was already almost as powerful as Thor, so he's even MORE powerful. In fact, he ranks in the top five most powerful beings in Marvel, excluding abstracts.

1767139-betaraybill_800.jpg

FUCK YEAH, BETA RAY BILL!

4. BOOSTER GOLD!

The thing that I love most about Booster Gold is that he isn't a hero at first, he's a fuck up. He starts out as a fuck up, he continues to fuck up, and then everyone realizes he's a fuck up. And THEN he becomes a hero so important that if he tells anyone about it he will likely die. Oh, and then his best friend dies and he keeps on trucking.

Oh, and first he shoots Batman
goldstar1.jpg

And then Batman becomes his new friend.
booster-gold-20111129031354690-000.jpg

This fuck up became friends with Batman. Think about that.

3. AQUAMAN!

Anyone who makes fun of Aquaman clearly has never read a comic and only seen stuff based of the Super Friends. These people are idiots and should have their dicks bitten off by piranhas.

Speaking of which, Aquaman had his arm bitten off by piranhas and had it replaced with a fucking HARPOON GUN.

Oh, and he's king of the goddamn sea. So you know, that's pretty fucking important.

BbdGil.jpg

justiceleague17pg16.gif

Fucking Aquaman.

2. SPIDER-MAN!

Truth be told, Spider-Man sort of deserves to be my number 1 because he is the greatest hero ever. Ever. Fucking ever. Both Superman and Batman look like silly things for children when compared to Spider-Man, who is not only insanely well started but is still amazing. I mean, what else do I have to say about Spider-Man? He's perfect in how bad everything is for him, and yet he never quits.

Also, he's funny.
xFfVRfG.jpg

grSzhk4.jpg

And finally, my number 1. You should all know, it's
DOCTOR DOOM!

I love Doctor Doom, because he is the perfect villain. He is immensely powerful, he is almost noble in his goals to the point where it is hard to disagree with him, and despite everything he has humanities best interests in mind. I've showed these two massive images before, but it goes well beyond that.

He's just flat out awesome.
FFDOOM.jpg

tumblr_mc695thOwj1qzlpr4o1_500.png

Cmx77xO.jpg

7PTKHTp.jpg

RMKDkhC.jpg

2RmEK.jpg

Did I stretch the screen? Maybe. Maybe stretched it with AWESOME!

Now then, I suggest everyone does exactly the same as me. But really, if you find any fun/funny comic panels for your favorite characters, I highly encourage you post them. Make this thread amazing.

Scrooge McDuck (Barks/Rosa universe)

Great inspiration to me when I was a kid. Teached me the value of honesty, hardworking and wise money spending. In other writers stories his personality is inconsistent, that's why Barks/Rosa stories come out as the best. Especially Rosa expanded his character from the rich, greedy old man stereotype.

His love for money doesn't come from its value. They are memorabilia.

4wuyJ6Z.png

Apt4ZyO.png

Some random excerpts from his adventures

Herding cattle in the western plains
W7wjmyD.jpg

Digging diamonds in Africa
n0ATadZ.jpg

Sailing in Indonesia
GmLFe3K.png

Mining gold in Klondyke
gt8VWuh.png

Special mention for Donald Duck from the same writers. Unlucky and lazy fellow, but a lovable one.

Lien can take it from here.

Affen said:
Lien can take it from here.
I don't need to do anything. You actually made this topic interesting. Ya done humanity a favor by saving this thread, Affen. God now allows you to do anal.

Wasn't there an Iron Man anime?

Also the Hulk is great. He is one of those characters that you think his powers are simple but they're complex in some ways too. And he is one of the only heroes to have a son that I actually enjoy, Skaar.

But when it comes to my favorite characters. DR. STRANGE. Because he is a bad ass. The guys slays with the ladies.

drtantric.jpg

But on top of that he is the living Deus Ex Machina of Marvel. If someone has a problem that's too big, call the Sorcerer Supreme. He appears in so many other people story lines specifically when things get too out of hand. And he is above it all.

drstrangeoath12.jpg

I tried to compile a small little list for this and just couldn't narrow it down enough without writing a small novel. I'm loving the choices posted though and the great panels accompanying them.

Bretimus_v2 said:
But when it comes to my favorite characters. DR. STRANGE. Because he is a bad ass. The guys slays with the ladies.
But on top of that he is the living Deus Ex Machina of Marvel. If someone has a problem that's too big, call the Sorcerer Supreme. He appears in so many other people story lines specifically when things get too out of hand. And he is above it all.
My favorite part of Doctor Strange is that he doesn't even have a code name or secret identity or anything. His title is Dr. Stephen Strange. He's so badass he's transcended code names.

Also, he's a good heckler.
XEAnjbS.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle