Fallout

I thought Fallout 3 wasn't going to have Level Scaling? And also the game will have a shorter story with much more finality than Oblivion.

Fallout3 WILL have lvl scaling. Different from that in Oblivion though. The encounter lvl of a location will depend of your character lvl at the time. If you ever return to that place with a stronger char, the lvl of the dungeon/vault/whatever will remain as the first time you went there.
About the 200 endings Fallout3 is supposed to have, I wouldn't trust those guys.

You know, I've been wondering why a bunch of fan-boys are so worried over Bethesda developing Fallout 3. Can someone explain this to me?

VaultDweller...I feel your pain. If anything, I will rent fallout 3 and reminisce about Fallout 2 then return Fallout 3 and actually have fun with a real Fallout game. Like I stated earlier in this thread, the worse thing that can be done to a fallout game would be to have it rated by the ESRB. I have no issue with console games but some games just shouldn't be revived and brought into such a harsh world of censorship. I honestly don't see a place for Fallout in the realm of console gaming simply due to creative stifling by the ESRB. I guess one of the most refreshing aspects of the Fallout franchise (Fallout 1 & 2) was that at times you felt like the guy who designed this is funny as hell, the fact that I can do this in a game is funny as hell, this is not like any other game on the market because it pushes so many boundaries. The biggest factor being that a significant draw and appeal to the game was the things you couldn't do in any other similar game. It just doesn't seem like they are trying to push any boundaries with this game in fact I would go as far as to say they are simply using the Brand Name to drive up sales of a cookie cutter FPS. I may be wrong and we will see, but I am 100% certain that if you go into this game looking for that novel experience presented in the past Fallout games you will be woefully disappointed.

I can't argue that this game is going to change your minds, because you obviously have them made up already. But I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be a terrible game. And it will probably "taint the name of the series" in your eyes, but those are clouded by a whole lot of fanboyism. I mean no offense, but you have to know this already.

Used I am not a fanboy, however the point I was making was not that the game will be bad but rather just not reflective of its title. Think of a Twisted Metal game with the same characters and arenas but no cars. In this instance, vulgarity, lude conduct, and artistic vision would be the cars. It would seem very familiar but it wouldn't be Twisted Metal.

The Fallout series has been a favorite of mine since a friend gave me his FO2 disc then I had to play the first one before I could beat the second, just because I didn't want to do it that way :p
I'm not worried about Bethesda making Fallout 3, they did a good job with TES4:Oblivion, so I know some one there has skills, let's hope they don't mess it up though, that would be terrible considering how good the last ones where, then again they do have alot to live up to, now I am a little nervous, lol
Guess we will have to wait and see x.x

I have faith in Bethesda to do a good job. Of course they won't be able to get away with some of the things that the first two did. Games are further under the microscope, and the they're trying to create a sellable product, not controversy. I'm just amazed by how many people have made up their minds about Fallout 3's quality, based on a handful of very early previews and screenshots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod