You just won 20 Million cash

intoTheRain

Regular
What do you do with it?

Not taxed the 20 Mill is yours in its entirety.

I would immediately donate 5 Million to charitys of my choice.

Invest 7 Million and live off whatever it accumulates for the remainder of my life.

Keep 1 million to buy a house, car, boat, etc. Outright, + have a little fun.

Give 3 Million to my parents, and my brother & his wife. They're far more successful than I am, my bro already lives the life. I'd be extremely embarrassed to suddenly live more comfortably than him simply because I got lucky, when hes worked his ass off as has his wife to get where they are. Same with my parents. So I'd definitely share the wealth with them big time.

That leaves me with 1 Million. I would divide it up between my closest friends evenly. I would have a meeting with them beforehand though, making sure they know thats it, the rest of the money has been invested/donated/given to family, and I would not hand anymore out so spend it wisely, in hopes it wouldn't ruin relationships. And hey, if it did, at least I'd know they weren't really good friends to begin with.

What would you do?

5 Million on charities is way too much.

5 Million long term investment and savings

3 Million Home, car. Will be cosmetically appealing, but a doomsday prepper self-sustaining energy independent 2 levels underground with a panic room fortress.

1 Million donate to friends, fam, high schools and programs I loved as a child,

2 million between a bunch of companies I believe in to help grow.

2 million for childcare, future schooling, and cosmetic surgery for my wife after the 4 kids.

1 million for travel and fun.

5 Million for things that come up.

I make a video game, people love it, I get more money to make more video games and to donate to LDS charities. Boom.

intoTheRain said:
wasnt talking to you, was talking to Urban saying 5 is too much
6hJKnJK.gif

Save away GL.

Beer and gum.

Actually i'd probably travel the world and the places i'd fall in love with i'd buy a home to go back and visit. I wouldn't want a huge mansion but a nice house by the beaches woild be cool.

Basically i'd live each day to the fullest. Go rock climbing one week and come home to front row seats at a hockey game or a sold out concert, then maybe head down to Vegas for some fun. I'd get tickets for any and everything I wanted, go anywhere, do anything and just have fun.

WickedLiquid said:
Beer and gum.

Actually i'd probably travel the world and the places i'd fall in love with i'd buy a home to go back and visit. I wouldn't want a huge mansion but a nice house by the beaches woild be cool.

Basically i'd live each day to the fullest. Go rock climbing one week and come home to front row seats at a hockey game or a sold out concert, then maybe head down to Vegas for some fun. I'd get tickets for any and everything I wanted, go anywhere, do anything and just have fun.

Yea, I would travel a ton. And I'm the same I've never understood the purpose of a giant house. I'd just build the perfect small place, nice and open concept for entertaining, with a huge yard, nice pool, and an epic man cave.

I think I'd give about $3 million or so to my parents. I'd also like to give some money to my two older brothers.

I'd invest a fair amount of money into things like houses and apartments, rent them out to try and produce further revenue.

I'd keep some for myself and I'd probably quit my full time job. I'd try and venture into my own thing - art, videos, Internet etc.

I don't think I would give a million away at a time. Most people who hit windfalls like this end up ruining their lives. I wouldn't want to ruin everyone else's lives around me. I would probably pay off my family members' houses. I mean really, when you think about what having your house paid off would do for your life just to begin with...how much of the avg income goes towards mortgage payments...that'd be money that my family members would be able to just throw at whatever right there, while still not doing anything overly stupid.

After that I'd probably find a job I could work 20 hours a week at, just so I still had something in my life to make me have to wake up every morning. Then, I'd start my own charity. If I'm not going to work anymore AND I have a ton of money, I would much rather give to a charity that I could actually see and personally participate in. Not just send my money off into the ether on a giant cardboard check with glitter. Personally, I've always felt partial to helping the needy on a local basis, soup kitchens, shelters, etc.

On top of that, the majority of my money would just go into investments. On a conservative portfolio you can usually be looking at somewhere around 3-5%. It beats inflation, and if I still had $15M, you'd be looking at up to $750K/year (and most of that would be in bonds and fairly safe). On a more moderate strategy, I'd be around 8%, and that's $1.2M/year. That'd be more than enough to live off of and run a small local charity.

After that, I'd probably just lock myself away and pee in mason jars.

$5million in SpaceX stock when they do their IPO
$5million in Google stock
$5million in my high interest account (3%P/A paid monthly, $12.5k/mnth)
Give brother, sister and parents $1mil each.
$1mil in 3 investment properties
Buy myself a house, $400k ish. Other $400k on random bullshit (cars, computers, emergency lead-lined bunker filled with AKs and weed, etc), $150k to travel around for a while. $50k in gold, spread around various locations just in case.

Live off the bank interest, use most of what's left over in more stock i like the look of. Protip: Invest in chinese manufacturing companies.

Just like to point out i was serious with the bunker thing. I have plans ready to go to create a local bunker that would be perfect in the event of zombies/war/aliens/gubment-tryin-to-get-me-money. Designed around EMP-proof technology (called 'key locks') and state of the art low maintenance weaponry (called 'Thermite+Petrol' and 'Kalashnikovs').
Also, carbureted Toyota LandCruisers & Hiluxs with armor plating made from Nokia 3310s.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I don't think I would give a million away at a time. Most people who hit windfalls like this end up ruining their lives. I wouldn't want to ruin everyone else's lives around me..

very true have to be so careful with something like winning huge cash

someone in the small town i grew up in won 38 million and they managed to spend it all in 6 years, wound up broke and had to start selling shit off.

blows my mind how someone can be so stupid as to blow through 38 million, but it's hard to say how you yourself would deal with it unless it actually happened, who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod