Eastern RPGs VS. Western RPGs

For me it's too hard to pick one they each have an advantage.

Like JCD said they both have great games and both have some real stinkers.

Our western games have some great story telling and i think they are working hard to innovate rpgs, like character customization, because the standard rpg formula has been recycled to death. Tyrranis
meantioned mixing rpg elements with non-rpg games, like mass effect, thats what i love about western rpgs.

But eastern has the classics, like FF tactics, that pretty much top all of our lists. nothing really beats character driven plotlines filled with challenging boss fights involving fun and sometimes just plain weird skills. OH and eastern has alot of classed-based rpgs and strategy rpgs.

Its a hard decision but ill go with eastern, because that is where my roots lay and the western rpg market is too young still to be considered a contender.

It may be young ... but soon I think that the young one shall pose a challenge to the old master.

In my humble opinion I think it is great we even have a choice to begin with:

those who love character customization and patch possibilities will love WRPG's while others who adore character driven plotlines (as Clayman637 mentioned) with lots of wacky skills will choose the respective ERPG game.

If there something I'd like to see ... is a game made by both my favorite RPG makers - Square Enix and BioWare. For now it may be just a dream ... but hell it's a damn sweet one. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod