EA being EA

Only one Maxis studio has been closed, they have like three others where the I.P's are going.

So I am not sure why folks are all somber about it. Maybe that nostalgic trip back to 1995 or something...

Because this is THE original Maxis studio and a lot of people are out of a job.

That said, things haven't been the same since Wil Wright left, and the last two Sims and Sim City games were sort of disasters, so the writing was on the wall.

Maybe if the PC master race wasn't a bunch of thieves the industry wouldn't feel the need to have DRM that destroyed this game...

Sucks to be out a job. Hope those peeps find something.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Maybe if the PC master race wasn't a bunch of thieves the industry wouldn't feel the need to have DRM that destroyed this game...
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Witche ... 42699.html
http://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-interact ... hates-drm/

I pirate everything with securom on it just out of principle, only to delete the majority of it straight away.

There is no excuse for DRM and there never will be. There is no DRM system to have ever existed that is uncracked and there never will be, all it does is cause a loss of sales from people like me who see always-online and never touch that companies products again and piss off paying customers, causing them to demand a refund and never touch that companies products again.

EA and Maxis have no excuse for the simcity bullshit at all. I'm with used here, between simcity and sims 4 being 1/2 the size of the sims 3 base game, everybody knew this was coming and i for one am glad of it. Maybe teach some developers out there not to get into bed with publishers.

Unrelated but cool, go spend some money
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/stre ... ing-racing

Theft in the name of protest. How very Robin Hood. If you truly hate these companies and their policies stop buying their products. You can't reject the man and bask in the shade of his trees. Fighting DRM via piracy is like trying to put out a fire by drenching it with fire. You only give it more fuel.

I thought the DRM in Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age Inquisition was pretty good. It didn't even stop people from changing code or modding. I have given in to DRM that the user doesn't really see interference from. Steam for example.

Im sure there are people out there who would burn me for saying such things but whatever. Lets all build awesome PCs, Game and Vape

LinksOcarina said:
there was nothing wrong with Sim's 4.
It had half the shit sims 3 launched with and despite their claims didn't really run any better.

I'm perfectly aware they fucked up TS3 with the base engine and town system, it takes 15 minutes to load up a game on my bloody SSD let alone the poor people with hard drives. But that's not really an excuse for leaving out pools and making the create a sims system useless. Maybe in 10 years when they've done their 50 DLCs the game might be complete enough to be worthwhile, but by then clones will be out to overtake it much like what happened with SimCity and Cities Skylines.

EA puts in terrible DRM into battlefield hardline.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ea-inf ... y-drm.html

From what we now have learned, you get to have 5 hardware changes per license. Use them up and access to the game will be blocked for 24 hours per activation.

What a bunch of rubbish ....

"The second problem is Origin. We had to cut some testing as EA's platform only allows us to change the CPU/GPU up to eight times per account before locking us out. We were forced use four different accounts to produce this article!

After eight hardware changes we get hit with "we're sorry, an error has occurred...too many computers have accessed this account's version of Battlefield Hardline recently. Please try again later."

Sweet, now lets get a random developer to make a battlefield game identical and we can all tell EA to fuck themselves forever, ala cities: skylines.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle