Donating and Altruism

My girlfriend's little brother nominated me for the ice bucket challenge. In his video though, he just does what most people do, "I'm doing the ice bucket challenge, here are my nominations, now time for the bucket" kinda thing.

I'm thinking about it, but I probably won't do it. Maybe on the weekend (meaning it'll be well over twenty four hours). I've already donated to ALS though.

I still wished those videos would actually inform what ALS is and at least source alsa.org in the description.

It must be in invisible ink, because I don't see anything about alsa.org or what ALS is. At least he said he's doing it for awareness of ALS.

A few friends and I from my judo club decided to do the ice bucket challenge together, as a group and as a club, since we've all had different friends/family members nominate all of us individually.

In the video I was doing the talking. Like UghRochester with his video, I wanted to talk more about ALS (what it is, how people can help, why we're doing the ice bucket challenge/how it works etc) but nerves got the better of me on camera, so I didn't say everything I wanted to say. So instead as an alternative, I included all this information in the Facebook post, but it's quite a long and possibly "tl;dr" style post.

It was pretty fun. We wore our judo suits when doing it, which I don't know if it makes better or worse. It basically felt like we were wearing thick, cold drenched towels so... yeah it kinda sucked.

My right leg started seizing up randomly for the rest of the day too, ha ha.

Thanks, Lien! :)

Well... No one, because we totally forgot! I guess we broke the chain. We all just forgot, really. :/

I was personally nominated by my girlfriend's little brother, while my friends/judo club mates were nominated by other people.

Prior to my challenge I had already donated to ALS but I suggested in the video that people should donate to a charity of their choosing. I'll be donating to the Australian Cancer Council.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod