Donating and Altruism

intoTheRain said:
UghRochester said:

Good job Ugh. You didn't like the way it was happening and actually did something about it. You have my admiration and respect.
Yeah good job Ugh. You have Rain's respect, which as we all know is more important than anyone else's respect. You no longer have to worry about ALS Ugh because Rain has now officially declared you are a good person.

Wes said:
intoTheRain said:
UghRochester said:

Good job Ugh. You didn't like the way it was happening and actually did something about it. You have my admiration and respect.
Yeah good job Ugh. You have Rain's respect, which as we all know is more important than anyone else's respect. You no longer have to worry about ALS Ugh because Rain has now officially declared you are a good person.

h55F9C58A.jpg

MattAY said:
Wes said:
intoTheRain said:
UghRochester said:

h55F9C58A.jpg

Lmao.

MattAY I think you're funny. So you've officially made it man.

intoTheRain said:
MattAY said:
Wes said:
intoTheRain said:
UghRochester said:

h55F9C58A.jpg

Lmao.

MattAY I think you're funny. So you've officially made it man.
Can i also be part of the club? Cause i think Wes is really losing it here! Someone give him a snickers so he can be cool like Godzilla.

Not really...
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2006/dec/15/ethicalliving.lifeandhealth

Basically, the main goal of forests on earth is to cool down the planet. With global warming around, we gotta be careful how and where we plant trees, especially in masses. Turn out, planting a tree in an area where mother nature rejects tree (like i don't know, the desert outskirts of Texas?) will actually make things WORST for the environment. Especially if you think planting more will stop your carbon footprints or whatever... There was even a captain planet and a magical school bus episode on this! You cannot become mother nature, you can only assist her when she allows you. This is worst then wasting water when there's a drought! THIS CAUSES DROUGHTS!

That National NeighborWoods Month thingy in that article? It's only in per-determined areas where tree planting will make a difference (like in recovering forests, read not dying). You can't just plant a tree in your backyard or at your local forest without watching it die the next few months. That's like... basic plant science.
If this becomes a meme where stupid people will plant mango trees in alaska, it's gonna backfire real worst then when that one kid who drown in his ice bucket.

Wow, that's crazy. Fair enough Lien, I actually didn't know that at all. o_O Thanks for the info though.

I'm sorry to hear about the drought in California, that doesn't sound good. There was a drought here in Queensland, Australia a few years ago and that wasn't very good either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle