Donating and Altruism

https://www.facebook.com/HereisHoward/p ... 5112933835
That's the post Master Craig mentioned. I posted this in the other thread before it became locked. Anyways, it's a trend. Many people do take this very seriously with knowing victims of ALS. I was just getting irritated of all these people just doing this for fun and not providing any information other than the initials ALS. There's so many people ignorant of this challenge. So, I tried clearing that up best as I could briefly. Even including what the organization said about people in droughts, Longo.

Fuck ALS. Donate towards Parkinson's. More people have that shit, and you don't have to waste water DURING A DROUGHT!

Stop jacking my thread!

Lien said:
What really matters is how the ASL view this since this concern them.
Well, they're going to have to come up with a new sign for Ice Bucket Challenge, since it's its own concept now.

Green_Lantern said:
I don't see what's wrong with that financial pie chart sightless. You're delusional if you think every penny from ANY research charity all goes to the research. People have to run these things and they sure as hell aren't doing it for free.
Nothing is wrong with the pie chart unless you take into account what it means in context, which is what I have been saying this whole time. I am not saying that all money should be going to research; in fact, I just advocated earlier that awareness/outreach is a positive and valuable thing. My point is that the finances are a useful way of measuring how effective the charity is, and if you accept that there are other charities that could/would be better spending your money, the argument laid out in my previous posts is that you are taking away from 'better' charities that do better things for more people, to put it simply. Let's please talk about that.

Sightless said:
Stop jacking my thread!

Lien said:
What really matters is how the ASL view this since this concern them.
Well, they're going to have to come up with a new sign for Ice Bucket Challenge, since it's its own concept now.
Which they did, it's not called the "Ice bucket challenge" at first, it was, and still is, called the "ASL Challenge"! As in, the donation it goes to is in the title. All those video I listed all are filled under the "ASL challenge" tag and are featured on the ASL website as a compilation. The people who are not aware it's made for the ASL charity will raise awareness unknowingly to those who will look more into it. Like seriously, there's no downsize to this. Either people will enjoy it cause it's a ice bucket meme or people will donate. I still don't get why it's a bad thing to join in or simply enjoy this? Or what is the motivation to spin this story into what wrong with social media/charities finances/Longo's imaginary drought!

Look at this thread! It was just like in the other one that Wes closed down, started with talking about ASL with funny videos then it ended about which charity deserves it best or better cause we don't like meme in here apparently. Do you guys really want to deconstruct this instead of just... joining everyone else?
I still don't see people linking videos or donating in here!

... And C_nate... *sigh* you just had to link golden child in here? :evil:

Hey, hey... It was a joke, because ASL can mean American Sign Language. ALS is the neuro-degenerative disease associated with the ice bucket challenge. Thanks for making me do that.

You guys all suck.

Sightless said:
Hey, hey... It was a joke, because ASL can mean American Sign Language. ALS is the neuro-degenerative disease associated with the ice bucket challenge. Thanks for making me do that.

You guys all suck.
Actually, my first thought when i read it as "ASL challenge" was as "Age/sex/location? Challenge"!

^ thank god you said that. I was thinking the exact same thing! But thought i was a dick in doing so!

Also nothing beats steak and ale pie. Mmmm baby.

eyes.gif

Sightless, I blame you for starting this topic again!

Only kidding!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod