Death of the future

How do you all feel about the future. personally, i think that it is looking all too bleak. Especially when the younger generation doesn't know how to interact with each other anymore unless they have a cell phone that does text.

Then there is the fact of disapearing social seceruity and the age of retirment rising every year. by the time i'm old to retire i'll be 70.

Then there is the cost of living going up every year and buisness having to adjust their pay scales according to the cost of living.

I feel, us, as a species are doom unless we find a new way to gain monetary value. but that'll never happen, money dictates everything.

by fine you mean drowning in a sea of reality shows and love triangles and betrayals?

damn kids taking all of their cues fore reality shows. get the hell off my lawn!

That's EXACTLY what I mean. See, our generation gets each other. No one gets Ugh with his generation and his strange ways. EG - saying "Fuck you" in Facebook chat to see the reaction.

By the way, I know you're basing this topic on him!

Hey hey HEY, I'm 24 in a week. I aint no wipper snapper, I'm a sophisticated adu-

Wait, no desert?! ah FUCK YOU guy!

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
Especially when the younger generation doesn't know how to interact with each other anymore unless they have a cell phone that does text.

My friend went on vacation with his wife on labor day.

Using his cellphone, he wrote on her Facebook wall how much he was having with her.

I'm punching him in the dick the next time I see him again.

I spent most my time when I was younger in the country on my familes farms. Listening to all the stories of the early 1900's when things where simpler. I'd take that anyday.

The future depends on us all, because we all need to work for it.

And by that, I mean we got to stop worrying about us, in a way, and more about everyone around us.

Daddio said:
I spent most my time when I was younger in the country on my familes farms. Listening to all the stories of the early 1900's when things where simpler. I'd take that anyday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumps

To name a few.

No internet
No cars
No healthcare
No plumbing
Possible Electricity
No "clean" water
Many dead family members
life expectancy of 48-51

On a farm expect to work 10 months out of the year, sun up to sun down, 6 days a week, and hope your farm wasn't leveled by misfortune (roundup ain't around).

Modern times are cake compared to 99% of human history. Enjoy it while it lasts.

To be fair though, Modern times as we all know it makes it easy for us all, electricity, science, technology, it's all part of the shaping of the world. We need to preserve cultures and traditions, but not relish in the so called glory days.

yeah people have been saying the future is looking bleak since adam and eve became adam and steve.

LinksOcarina said:
To be fair though, Modern times as we all know it makes it easy for us all, electricity, science, technology, it's all part of the shaping of the world. We need to preserve cultures and traditions, but not relish in the so called glory days.

I'll go with that.

Life expectancy means shit when you have to work from the age of 18-65. Where's the living in that?

MattAY said:
I actually dig the simple life. I would enjoy living on a farm.

Farms are a shit load of work. Buy a small cottage in a lost corner of your homeland instead.

Daddio said:
LinksOcarina said:

I'll go with that.

Life expectancy means s*** when you have to work from the age of 18-65. Where's the living in that?

Well, you had to work 10-death back then, so I guess, yeah, modernity wins again.

American Fur trappers would eat 10 pounds of pure lard a day, lug 300 pounds of fur around on foot in rocky terrain all damn day, and die at 35. That's if a god damn bear didn't get them.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass <=== badass

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod