Damn the Man

MattAY said:
NickKmet said:
MattAY said:
Geez, no need to argue people. Just do it on your damn lunchbreak if it's that important to you.

except you might not even be able to do that either.

Then go out and grab a bagel?....with ham.....or maybe bacon? Definitely cheese, a bit of lettuce and bear of cucum....

...It's 3 hours until lunch :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's 1:24 in the morning here. I should be in bed. But I'm not. It's like..... 10 hours until lunch. So quit your whining! You don't have it nearly as bad as I do!

MattAY said:
Oh yeah, going to sleep must be a REAL pain in the ass! ;)

Well, it can be when you have insomnia. Or have been staying up until 4 or 5 the past 3 nights playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Oops.

lol, Matt's advice...

"I have insomnia."
"KEEP PLAYING!"
thumbup.gif

everyone has insomnia these days. i think 99% of the world. that or they just don't even keep remotely normal sleep patterns so can't sleep properly.. naw that can't be it, has to be insomnia. (god damn you fight club)

or like my buddies ex girlfriend who always told people she had insomnia and couldn't sleep. meanwhile the only thing she drank was energy drinks. thank god she is his ex.

no one gets headaches anymore either. all the girls on facebook posting from their phone or computer while they have a terrible "migraine" . sorry dear if you had a bad migraine the last thing you'd be doing is sitting in front of a bright screen.

/end rant

intoTheRain said:
everyone has insomnia these days. i think 99% of the world. that or they just don't even keep remotely normal sleep patterns so can't sleep properly.. naw that can't be it, has to be insomnia. (god damn you fight club)

or like my buddies ex girlfriend who always told people she had insomnia and couldn't sleep. meanwhile the only thing she drank was energy drinks. thank god she is his ex.

no one gets headaches anymore either. all the girls on facebook posting from their phone or computer while they have a terrible "migraine" . sorry dear if you had a bad migraine the last thing you'd be doing is sitting in front of a bright screen.

/end rant

Except I actually do struggle with insomnia at times. Not necessarily to the degree that Edward Norton's character in Fight Club did, but there were a few weeks last year where I didn't sleep enough to need more than my two hands to count the hours. It's not like I wasn't trying either. It really fucks you up, especially when you're taking a full load of classes at college.

I do agree on the headaches thing. People don't know what migraines are. Hell, i don't know what those are. I've never had a headache that was debilitating. I do get headaches more often than is probably good, but they're never that bad.

Yeah, I really fucking hate fishers on facebook. "Oh, I had such a hard day...got a headache now siiiiiigh". I love it when no one reacts to it!

MattAY said:
Yeah, I really f****** hate fishers on facebook. "Oh, I had such a hard day...got a headache now siiiiiigh". I love it when no one reacts to it!

no one ever does. because it's always the same people who post that stupid shit and no one gives a fuck. yet they continue to do it.

every day is the worst day of their life.

i knew a kid who got legit migraines and he was a tough mother fucker. as soon as he got them he was like gotta go, and he'd usually vomit before he even left. for the remainder of the headache he was locked in his room in the dark. not updating his facebook, shocking, i know.

i think that's partially why it makes me rage so much, because i know what a real migraine is from seeing my friend suffer. and girls milking illnesses and making them out to be 100x worse than they are for attention has of course always bothered me.

i also used to think, and claim i had insomnia. but i didn't. once i got a life, and a job, and dogs, and a house, and a girlfriend, and all that jazzy stuff, and got on a normal sleep pattern, im not out like a light the second my head hits the pillow. every night, without fail. and i'm up at 7:00am, every single day of my life, without fail. sleep pattern are awesome.

sorry if you are legitimately an insomniac, of course they DO exist. but 99% of the time, it's bullshit.

intoTheRain said:
MattAY said:
Yeah, I really f****** hate fishers on facebook. "Oh, I had such a hard day...got a headache now siiiiiigh". I love it when no one reacts to it!

no one ever does. because it's always the same people who post that stupid s*** and no one gives a f***. yet they continue to do it.

every day is the worst day of their life.

i knew a kid who got legit migraines and he was a tough mother f*****. as soon as he got them he was like gotta go, and he'd usually vomit before he even left. for the remainder of the headache he was locked in his room in the dark. not updating his facebook, shocking, i know.

Yeah, real migraines are no joke. Just go ask Percy Harvin or Terrell Davis. I get a headache every once in a while in the same spot, it can get quite brutal and painful.

As far as insomnia, most claim but few have. I have trouble sleeping, but that is by in large my fault. Too many years of smoking pot before bedtime, I now have trouble getting good sleep without it. I either lay down and can't stop thinking for hours, or fall asleep for an hour or two then wake up and get back down.

Or I have one of those dreams where your subconscious takes a cheap shot at you, and your unwilling to go back to sleep cause you know it'll take another one.

I had pretty bad migraines for about a year and a half period in 2006 or so. My mom as always struggled with them and somehow (I think stress) I got hit with them a few times. It's almost like having a stroke, plus insane vomitting, plus a headache. I got a few shots in my rump and it stopped them for long periods, then I got over it for whatever reason.

I don't actually have one today but here's my recipe. Mix stress, bad eating habits, and lack of sleep and exercise. Allow to set for one week and you have 1 serving of migraine.

Doc told me to change those habits, drink less caffeine and as long as I am. I'm good. Usually a migraine requires a cold towel, a dark room, and my wife to take the kids out of the house for the day. I don't even get to sleep during that time. I just sit there feeling like crap.

I don't suffer from insomnia. Most doctors I've talked to require more than a month of less than 5 hour a night. Stop taking naps, drink less caffeine, get in 30 minutes of excercise. It works everytime.

Damn the man for giving us insomnia and migraines! I’ve had a couple of bouts with insomnia real not fun. My oldest sister had migraines sometimes, 3-4 a year, couldn’t do anything but barf and lay in a dark quiet room.

Geeez, I barely get headaches. I cant remember the last time I used paracetymol. Lucky me I guess ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod