Damn the Man

MattAY said:
Geez, no need to argue people. Just do it on your damn lunchbreak if it's that important to you.

Why can't I argue? Who are you to tell me I can't argue!?!?!?!?!?!

:p

Paradox said:
intoTheRain said:
Are you guys who say "well you could just work and do what you're being paid for" serious?

Weird as it sounds, some of us do like to earn an honest living without taking advantage of our employers. Guess we're just crazy like that.

But you goof off at work.. Right?

I can also guarantee your employer is taking advantage of you. In some way shape or form. No that doesn"t make it right. But it's true.

But don't act all high and mighty like 99.98% of the population is evil for browsing a forum or doing whatever else at work occasionally. And the other .02% apparently yourself are the only honest workers.

Checking out a forum on down time isn't going to hurt anyone. In fact if you read into it, the more lenient employers are on their employees, the more work tends to be done. Tell an employee they can do whatever they want in their time as long as a deadline is met, and you will have happy, satisfied, productive employees. Start babysitting them and putting in programs that block them from the internet and you have annoyed employees who feel they're being treated like children and will be less productive. Its human nature, take something away a human only wants it more.

If I came across as 'high and mighty', that wasn't my intention. I'm just trying to say that ignoring a work policy because you don't want to comply is silly.

And the reply I posted earlier? Done while at work...on my lunch break.

I personally never really abused the use of the internet unless I absolutely had no work to do, which does happen from time to time. I agree with Rain's assessment of it just pissing people off and making them want to work less. I guarantee there will be a massive increase in smoke and coffee breaks with people just standing around doing nothing. At least when I am at my desk I can jump from a quick article look back to the work I'm doing.

I'll manage but just had to gripe about feeling like a basic human right was taken away. Plus by this time next year I don't intend to be working there anyway.

Paradox said:
If I came across as 'high and mighty', that wasn't my intention. I'm just trying to say that ignoring a work policy because you don't want to comply is silly.

And the reply I posted earlier? Done while at work...on my lunch break.

Unacceptable. Let's fight

Link's character fighter battle: GR character edition!

Link's was sick so he asked me to host this one!

Paradox

VS

intoTheRain

FIGHT!

icon_razz.gif

De-Ting said:

Dude... you don't need to stick your tongue in my face. I don't care if you think the red color that popsicle gave it is cool looking. Also... put your dentures back in. Please.

NickKmet said:
MattAY said:
Geez, no need to argue people. Just do it on your damn lunchbreak if it's that important to you.

except you might not even be able to do that either.

Then go out and grab a bagel?....with ham.....or maybe bacon? Definitely cheese, a bit of lettuce and bear of cucum....

...It's 3 hours until lunch :cry: :cry: :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle