Cut UghRochester a break.

I am indeed still here, still watching you all. I don't post much but rest assured I pop in to take a look. Kind of like the guy who has his telescope trained on your window.

Crave seems hell bent on driving this once illustrious website into the ground. They don't give a damn about the community so it's up to you lot to keep things going. Many of the veterans have already abandoned ship and those who I used to think of as new blood have become today's vets. Such a cycle is normal for a long running community, what is not normal are the other incidents. Duke leaving is the latest in a long line of events we're not going to like. It truly sucks that he's not at the helm any more but what is arguably worse is how control was taken away from him in the first place. The new layout, the side-lining of the chat and the change in the overall feel of the site are all things we can't change (unless a particularly generous millionaire decides to buy Crave and gift it to Duke) but we still have control over the boards. It's a little area of the site but unless Crave decides to get rid of it, it's still ours.

I can tell you one thing Ugh, you bring it on yourself. You are a creepy motherfucker.

As for Duke, I'm gone since he is. This might be my few last posts.

noooo, stal! not that you've been posting a lot anyway recently, but you shouldn't go now!

if we do abandon GR, we should at least find another message board for us all to populate.

Wow, I didn't know GR was in such a bad state.

If I didn't give up on facebook and join the twitter committee I sure as hell ain't givin up on this place.

I'm still over 7000 posts away from catching up to NESMan and he hasn't posted in forever... i should really go for the fucking gold, eh?

All this abandon ship and "The good ol' days" crap is really bringing me down... The majority seems to be leaning towards letting this place fade out..

Fucking christ, I'm just a casual poster and even i think that would be heartbreaking

StalfrosCC said:
As for Duke, I'm gone since he is. This might be my few last posts.

No offense Stal, but that is cowardly...

I will not leave these boards until they are shut down by the corporate overlords themselves. I am stubborn like that, and I may be idealist and an idiot for doing that, but fuck it, this is my community in the end. Like everyone else here I helped build it, shape it for what it is. They may take it away from me bit by bit, but I will continue to give it love as much as I possibly can, for as long as I can. Fight until death, basically.

So I hope you stay, Stal.

Cowardly? This is an internet form for a webpage that provides content that I can get anywhere else. The reason I came back is because of who was providing the content. It is clear that Crave isn't who I want to get my content from.

Saying it is cowardly is a drastic misrepresentation the situation.

I don't think it's cowardly for you to leave, I just don't think you should.

Because, you know, you're great and shit.

Just do what everyone else does an disregard the main page. Not like that's so hard to do anymore anyway.

Lestat was right Stal... immortality isn't for everyone.

Links - I'm with you man, I've been visiting this site longer than I've been a member on the boards, and I will only stop visiting it when the site bans me or they start charging me.

Why would people leave? I don't get it.. i mean i do get it, but i don't.

i won't leave till they shut the place down for good. i like it here. i like the people. i like how we can poke fun at each other and there is no drama cause of it. i like how we all get along and can actully have a half way normal discussion compared to all the other forums out there.

stal, if you leave, thats just admitting defeat.

Duke's never on the forums. This place wont be any different buddy. This is our only bit of freedom, we need to stay STRONG. We need our strongest warriors!! We need our Stals, we need our Longos, we need our Linkys, we need our vets! WE NEED FREEDOOOOOOM!!!!

Are ya with me?!
I CANT HEAR YOU! I saaaaiiid...
ARE YA WITH ME?!!

MattAY said:
Are ya with me?!
I CANT HEAR YOU! I saaaaiiid...
ARE YA WITH ME?!!

^^I'm with you! and by that I mean in the shadows where nobody notices me..

I mean I'm technically a vet and all but yeah I'll disappear now

crazycracker, i am always in the shadows, naked, waiting... come here and show me love

love, love

whats love got to do with it

damn you tina turner!

and MAttay, i'd be with you, but i'm raping cracker and making him cry, just take a number though and i'll be right with ya

Longo_2_guns said:
Just do what everyone else does an disregard the main page. Not like that's so hard to do anymore anyway.

I pretty much only check the front page like once a week now a days...

Dudes, it isn't defeat. It is choosing not to give hits to a company you don't agree with.

It is kind of how this whole thing works.

How much shit do you do on a daily basis that aids those you hate? A lot, I don't believe in the way 90% of the food I eat is produced .. but nothing I can really do about it!

I've been using GR for over 10 years and only recently started posting in the last year or so. I enjoy this site for the reviews and editorials, it's been the only gaming review site I've ever visited. I will continue to visit the site and the board until the day comes where the reviews are empty and the editorials are bland.

Never knew Duke, but if he is who everyone says he is then it truely blows goats that he was treated the way he was.

StalfrosCC said:
Dudes, it isn't defeat. It is choosing not to give hits to a company you don't agree with.

It is kind of how this whole thing works.

whenever you watch tv or listen to the radio, and commercial comes on for something you don't like, that gives them hits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod