Comic Showdown Champions - Batman and The X-Men!!

Colossus
Shadowcat
Silver Surfer
Hulk

Wolverine and Deadpool

Come on Kitty, back to back fights.

Shadowcat.jpg

I never knew who Shadowcat was until I saw X3. And I figured she was a little kid because the actress Ellen Page looks like she's 12. Then when I hear comic nerds talk about how she's the new hottie you can understand how creeped out I felt. Psylocke was always the hottie when I read the comics.

Green Lantern
Storm
Silver Surfer
The Joker
Venom and Carnage

I always thought Shadowcat was an awesome character.

1.Because she's not an over-endowed sex fantasy with a skin tight costume, but rather a geeky girl-next-door type who knows how to use a computer.

2.One of very few Jewish superheroes

3.She has a pet dragon

4.She's the first of a long line of young female X-Men to serve as Wolverine's "sidekick". Starting a great comic tradition.

Spoiler Alert!(following text is black):
I was super pissed at the end of the last Astonishing X-Men arc when they shot her into space and essentially killed her. But since she was never technically killed hopefully she'll come back. But couldn't they have just killed Colossus again? It's not like he wasn't dead before that story

Green Lantern - Colossus couldnt get near, sorry

Storm - is amazing

Silver Surfer - brings Galactus into the fight

Joker - Kills all

Venom and Carnage - Didnt venom take over wolverine? and isnt carnage five times stronger than venom?
overkill?

Green Lantern - The whole Alan Scott/Green Lantern Corps aside, they would just fling Colossus into Space.

Shadowcat - I'll refer to Blake in a moment.

Silver Surfer - Easily one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe. Also he heralds rage.

Hulk - Listen, I know the Joker is a great nemesis villain, but for crying out loud you people need to lay off. Most of the reason the Joker succeeds is because Batman won't kill him. The Punisher was one second away from putting a bullet in he Joker until Batman intervened. What could Joker do? Acid spray? Hulk regenerates. Bomb? Hulk has taken out HulkBuster bombs. Joker would be a puddle.

Wolverine & Deadpool - Two of the best fighters in the marvel universe who also happen to be nigh-immortal. Oh, and I'm sure Deadpool has sonic grenades. Goodbye sybiotes, hello blades.

Blake_Morse said:
I always thought Shadowcat was an awesome character.
2.One of very few Jewish superheroes

Glad you mentioned that fact. As a Hebrew, we have to cling to what we have (aside from, you know, all the Golden Age writers being Jewish).

Also, little known fact: she phases when she orgasms.

Yeah, Wolverine has had his share of "sidekicks" :]

Colossus
Shadowcat
Silver Surfer
The Joker -- I'd love to see Joker face the Hulk because you know he'd pull out all the stops.

Wolverine and Deadpool

Trippysmurf said:
for crying out loud you people need to lay off. Most of the reason the Joker succeeds is because Batman won't kill him. The Punisher was one second away from putting a bullet in he Joker until Batman intervened. What could Joker do? Acid spray? Hulk regenerates. Bomb? Hulk has taken out HulkBuster bombs. Joker would be a puddle.

"For crying out loud", you need to realize that most of us aren't basing our votes on which character would "actually" win if they got into an actual "fight". We're basing our judgment and our praise for who we think is a better or worse character, with many factors being determined into that, not just their list of attributes and superpowers and in-comic accomplishments. For example, some of us just think Joker is a better character or The Governor is a better villainous bastard or whatever. You don't need world-crushing domination to peak my interest and get an automatic win.

Yes, and this should be further referred to as "The Cosmic Spider-Man Clause".
Just because a character should win doesn't guarantee that they will.
Joker winning because of Heath Ledger makes perfect sense in our crazy GR Showdown world. It actually makes the voting process all the more interesting.

used44 said:
Trippysmurf said:
for crying out loud you people need to lay off. Most of the reason the Joker succeeds is because Batman won't kill him. The Punisher was one second away from putting a bullet in he Joker until Batman intervened. What could Joker do? Acid spray? Hulk regenerates. Bomb? Hulk has taken out HulkBuster bombs. Joker would be a puddle.

"For crying out loud", you need to realize that most of us aren't basing our votes on which character would "actually" win if they got into an actual "fight". We're basing our judgment and our praise for who we think is a better or worse character, with many factors being determined into that, not just their list of attributes and superpowers and in-comic accomplishments. For example, some of us just think Joker is a better character or The Governor is a better villainous b****** or whatever. You don't need world-crushing domination to peak my interest and get an automatic win.

Thank you

Even though I voted hulk it wasn't because he would win in a fight.
Most of my marvel votes are based on the ultimate universe. Kitty became one of my favourite character when she started dating Peter Parker that was an awesome year. I vote for the Hulk based on his role in the ultimates.

Trippysmurf said:
Listen, I know the Joker is a great nemesis villain, but for crying out loud you people need to lay off. Most of the reason the Joker succeeds is because Batman won't kill him. The Punisher was one second away from putting a bullet in he Joker until Batman intervened. What could Joker do? Acid spray? Hulk regenerates. Bomb? Hulk has taken out HulkBuster bombs. Joker would be a puddle.
With that logic, what's the point in even having this competition? The most overpowered characters like superman and the flash would kick ass. There's absolutely no fun in that. I'm much more interested in who people think is the better character and not who pwnzorz the most.

Green Lantern outshines Colossus 10 to 7
Storm narrowly defeats Shadowcat 9 to 8
Silver Surfer defeats Madman 14 to 3
The Joker beats down Hulk 12 to 5
Venom and Carnage out-rage Wolverine and Deadpool 10 to 7

match 2:

Spawn
Spawn.jpg

vs

Venom
Venomamazingspiderman299.png

Batman