Classic WCW/WWF

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Chris' stupid hogan impression was making me laugh pretty good. And the other day Spartan317 and I PM'ed for hours out of the blue about the Steiner Brothers.

Just wondering if there were any other people who grew up with wrestling.

My dad watched it when we were little, but we were never into it. We did have on of the wrestling games for the Super Nintendo though. The one with all the crazy wrestlers. WWF Super Wrestle Mania. That's all I'm going to say about that. Well I will add this. I'd rather watch football, or NASCAR any day before wrestling. Gawd

The AKI wrestling games on N64 (and WCW vs The World on PSone) were instant classics. Those games' fighting engine holds up to this day; fans still want to see them come back and dev for WWE.

So do I even post in this thread? Because it's fairly obvious I'm a rasslin' fan. I really fucking dig a great promo, when someone just gets on the mic and goes off. I like that build.

But yeah, I grew up with wrestling. My uncle would take me to the Dallas Sportatorium to watch the Von Erichs and Freebirds when I was a kid. Goldust hit on my aunt while my uncle was in the restroom. Awesome, because Goldust is supposed to be an androgynous freak but has grown more fans in the coming years with the rise of the LGBT community... it's just awesome on so many levels, you don't even know.

So yeah. I mainly watched WWF growing up, but I knew who the badasses were in WCW, like the Road Warriors and The Steiner Brothers.

Being a wrestling fan is weird, because you go one of two ways: you watch it as a kid and drop it as you get older, or you watch it as a kid and graduate from Harvard with a PhD in Basic Thuganomics. That's a wrestling reference. It's obvious the path I've chosen.

I watched a lot as a kid during the Hogan dynasty, then went through a while where I couldn't get any programming where I lived. I got back into it around '98 or so and have been with it since. I never really followed WCW though. Most of what I know about that promotion I learned after the buyout.

I haven't been to a live show in years. But yeah, I'll definitely try to go the next time they hit Dallas.

Yeah I'm in the "haven't watched regularly since middle school" camp. The end of what they're now calling the "Attitude Era," I guess.

Hey does anybody recall a WCW (I think) acrobatic wrestler named Prince-something? I vaguely recall him wearing orange and doing lots of splashes from the turnbuckle. Help me out.

De-Ting, do you mean Sting?

Best Characters Ever:

Razor Ramon
Macho Man Randy Savage
Triple H
The Rock
Ric Flair
The Dudley Boys
Golddust
Anything by Mic Foley

Any time the Dudley Boyz fought the Holly Cousins I was glued to the screen. Recreated that shit 100 times in WWF Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64

used44 said:
Hey does anybody recall a WCW (I think) acrobatic wrestler named Prince-something? I vaguely recall him wearing orange and doing lots of splashes from the turnbuckle. Help me out.
Stinger's his nickname. You're talking about Prince Iaukea, the islander lucha style wrestler?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn-_OO9vT7s&t=1m3s
I always wondered what happened to that guy. He's another guy I wished I could've seen come over to WWF. Legit athlete.

I remember Nailz. His voice sounded of gravel and nightmares.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFJ2ttiKmQw

Yeah, I watched a ton of pro wrestling as a kid and then I took some time of until high school. Then for three years until I graduated, I don't think I missed a Monday Night Nitro ever. Went to a couple of live shows too during that period.

Also, with regards to the Prince Iaukea clip, Norman Smiley...that dude creeped me out. His finisher, the Big Wiggle would always make me laugh/cringe.

I've tried to watch it again, but the current lineup and just the way it's written and done don't really click with me.

Favorites:
Bret Hart
Ultimate Warrior
Kevin Nash

About a month ago I taught my three year old son how to make a diamond symbol with his hands and then throw it down while saying Bam!! (didnt want him saying bang) and also "self high five" all just to make my brother laugh. I still giggle like an idiot every time he does it. If you have to ask why then maybe this 12 minute video will explain it, gives me chills when I watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY2_zFvJuiY

^DDP became a yoga instructor, and not some silly fly by night type.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
Youtube is filled with video testimonials about his yoga videos. he's even been endorsed by celebrities and athletes, and it's all pretty great when you consider he did this on his own dime and without of the help of the WWE in any way.

He's turning lives around, lives like Jake "The Snake" Roberts and even Scott Hall "Razor Ramon", so more reasons to love DDP.

Ha I saw that when looking for the video I posted and looked deeper into it. Really great stuff and glad to hear that he's doing so much positive stuff after his wrestling career instead of ending up completely useless and sad like most old wrestlers do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle