Classic game tournament.

reporting in

95188553.png

So here we are. As you can see, I didn't complete the game :( Played without a dry run, no gamegenie, no turbo buttons - one play through and done. I wanted my chance to be as bare bones as possible.

The flying fish on 1-3 gave me hell early on.
Conjured the skill set of my 7-year-old self and began to tear ass through the Mushroom Kingdom. It was easy pickings up to castle 6-4 where I underwent an EPIC MELTDOWN too embarrassing to describe. This meltdown would continue on to 7-1.

Getting back into it by 7-2, just in time for the flying fish to return on 7-3! ARGH

dead.

Here's the startup screen after dying
86419890.png

The number to beat is 528500. It's very manageable. I tried doing the 1up turtle shell trick early on... I still can't get it to work. Good luck :)

Haha, very professional. I like it! I'm impressed too, I average until about world 5 (6 if I'm lucky) until I get game over.
I will be on this tonight!

Chris_Crime said:
Why not?

When was the last time you played an NES, SNES, or a N64 game? Or even an arcade title?

Bretimus is right.

Anyway, I also don't have up to snuff recording equipment right now. Give me some time and maybe I can do something, but it might take a while.

image.jpg

God damn you, Chris.

Died on 3-4.

That's my first time seriously concentrating and playing smb in forever though.

Yeah, I think we should add the rule of first times only. No practice allowed!

I'm definitely trying another run today after work (and probably a couple Saturday).

used44 said:
God you're awesome, Chris.

Died on 3-4.

That's my first time seriously concentrating and playing smb in forever though.

firstly, ty. secondly, yeah i've never played through SMB without warping, ever, so this was pretty fun actually. w00t my score is still on top! But at least you're in solid 2nd, bud

Ugh, I had two embarrassingly bad runs yesterday. Let's just say I didn't get past the second castle.

Let's also just say I was half-drunk on delicious microbrew.

P.S. Sorry for the giant screenshot. That was my first time uploading to photobucket from my iphone. I guess large means large. I'll resize it.

No, leave it big. It juxtaposes the undeserved Alaskan hubris when compared to my meager, yet superior 264 í— 258 Texas offering.

Biggest state in the US, okay.. jeez. Get over it. We did. A long time ago.

Ok, I promise my attempt will be tonight. I had a large weekend in Manchester, I'm still recovering in fact.

105_0654.jpg

A humble attempt. But Chris has yet to be beaten. 4-4 is where I died.

Used I fucking OWN your ass boi!!

I'm going to do mine later on tomorrow since I have the day off. Video record some of it (I'm sure it'll be more than 11 minutes long...I have a great strategy planned) Unlike Links, I have a NES but I don't have SMB. So I'll be using an emulator on my PSP.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't trust anyone who uses emulators.

Matt, fuck off.

I was going to participate, but then I realized I don't have the original Super Mario Bros.

So I played Sonic 2 instead.

My pitiful score and my stupid death to Metal Sonic.
sonics.jpg

I entered with 10 lives, and lost 9 of them to Metal Sonic.

Although on my continue I beat both Metal Sonic and Robotnik on my first life. So, yeah. Sonic 2 anyone else?

I'm up for it. Will have to be 360 Arcade version I'm afraid. I know I wont be able to beat Robotnik, I cant remember how to do it, something to do with spinning as he comes down from his jump.
Metal Sonic I remember vividly! Many a life was used on enforcing the sequence into my brain.

10 lives is impressive though. I die loads on the metropolis levels. First tries only yeah?
Also, an uber prize for anyone who gets all the chaos emeralds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle