Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by cyberjim2000, Feb 22, 2011.

1. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

http://callofjuarez.ubi.com/the-cartel/en-US/

Unlike the previous two games which both take place after the American Civil War, Call of Juarez: The Cartel unsurprisingly takes place in modern times, I assume, about the Mexican Drug War.

Okay, so it's pretty obvious that this game is going to be huge target for news outlet. I personally think it's probably a little too soon to have a game about what's happening right now down in Mexico but I'm also probably being a little too oversensitive about this.

You guys have way more insight than I do. What do you guys think about this?

2. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I think that instead on trying to make the game controversial, they should instead focus on making it actually good.

3. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

They can throw in all the f-bombs, sex and drugs they want, but if they don't tell a more or less compelling story, bring some innovative design to the FPS or over the shoulder shooter genre or make an addictive as crack multiplayer...they're going to get lost in an oversaturated sea of shooters.

4. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I played Call of Juarez: BiB last year.

Not great.

5. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

It already was a target it seems like...

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/02/ban-of-call-of-juarez/

I am curious about this move too, my guess is it's supposed to compete with games like Call of Duty and Medal of Honor, but the subject matter might be a bit too taboo at this time, although I personally think the game should be made regardless.

6. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

Yeah, I agree with all of you guys. They should probably make the game better and not stir up controversy. Plus, they have the right to make the game but they probably shouldn't... at least for right now. Also, if Ubisoft do publish this game they might as well say "fuck it" and publish Six Days in Fallujah.