With 2009 around...

Boringman54

Rookie
Games with numbers are going to have a problem, specifically sports games. Next year's games always come out in the middle of the year, meaning the games with 2010 in the title will be coming out this year. Do you really wnat to be calling it Madden 10? It sounds like it's the 10th game in the series, unlike when it was Madden 09, since everyone said it like oh-nine instead of just nine, signifying that it was the year. Sure, they'll probably call it Madden 2010 but does that sound right either? What do you guys think?

They've already said it will be Madden 10...And yeah it is kinda weird, but I guess its better than 2010 or 21...

Why not just call it what it is

Madden: The Same Shit You Paid $50 for Last Year (and the 20 years before that) Now with Slightly Better Graphics and a New Mini Game Based on Curling!

I'm for '010, 'cause it looks funny. Also, 2K10 is an option, but nothing is going to help how things sound when '11 rolls around.

Trippysmurf said:
Madden: The Same s*** You Paid $50 for Last Year (and the 20 years before that) Now with Slightly Better Graphics and a New Mini Game Based on Curling!
heheheheheheheh (i sure hope i don't laugh like that)
Why don't they just call it Madden 21 or whatever number it is now.. since Madden 10 sounds stupidddd

The year is twenty-fifty-four. Gangs of self-aware robots crowd the streets and recent medical breakthroughs have allowed for everlasting life. And Madden still plays the same.

Well, I saw the EB/Gamestop calendar and the new NHL has a page and guess what? They're just calling it NHL 10, which I'm going to guess means that Madden, Tiger Woods, NBA, etc. will be the same. I wish they went with 2010 or 010 but what can you do about it?

At least 2K10 sounds better.

used44 said:
The year is twenty-fifty-four. Gangs of self-aware robots crowd the streets and recent medical breakthroughs have allowed for everlasting life. And Madden still plays the same.

hahaha....god i hate that game....

You guys saying '010 are silly. That looks and sounds way worse than any of the other options.

used44 said:
You guys saying '010 are silly. That looks and sounds way worse than any of the other options.
No, you look and smell way worse than any of the other options. <.<

Besides, calling something just "10" can easily get people confused thinking that it's the tenth game in the series. Admit that '010 is better than that.

So you would say "oh-ten?" That makes it sound like you forgot that 10 is a double digit number, unlike oh-eight or oh-nine.

I already said that Madden 10 is a dumb title, but Madden '010 is contracting exactly one digit. Seems pretty pointless, and yes, worse than Madden 10.

used44 said:
So you would say "oh-ten?" That makes it sound like you forgot that 10 is a double digit number, unlike oh-eight or oh-nine.

I already said that Madden 10 is a dumb title, but Madden '010 is contracting exactly one digit. Seems pretty pointless, and yes, worse than Madden 10.
You're sick. You're not making any sense. :p

Trippysmurf said:
Why not just call it what it is

Madden: The Same s*** You Paid $50 for Last Year (and the 20 years before that) Now with Slightly Better Graphics and a New Mini Game Based on Curling!

Agreed.

What's more weird about Madden 10 than Madden 09, 08 ... 99, 98 ...?

Did anyone ever say Madden Nine? No, it was Madden Oh-Nine, just like Madden Ninety-Nine, and just as you should say Madden One-Oh if you want to be consistent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod