Best opening levels

cyberjim2000 said:
The first level of Deus Ex.
I kind of hated that level when I was playing it, if only because it did so little to teach me what to do, where to go, but looking back it was so representative of the rest of the game, I love it now.

Oh I thought of a great one.

http://youtu.be/hNViv5D2s6E

Opening of Star Wars: Force Unleashed. I could have spent the entire game as a slow, plodding Vader - one-hitting wookies and wiping out my own troopers.

The first level of MGS2. I believe it was the Tanker level. Once I finished it though, it got weird from that point on.

Fallout 3 is also a great one, Deez. Oblivion has a similar first dungeon.

Bioshock blew my mind when I played it for the first time alone, in the dark with surround sound cranked to 11.

drathbone said:
Bioshock blew my mind when I played it for the first time alone, in the dark with surround sound cranked to 11.

Just wait for the start of infinite. Its good :D

They posted the opening already in video.

I enjoyed playing the opening level of "inFamous" (PS3) after the huge explosion, and then you had to guide Cole through the "Ground Zero" area to safety.

God of War 3 Gaia stage/Posidon Battle for sure. But I'll also add the Hydra Battle from the first God of War since that's my favourite of the trilogy.

Silent Hill. Because you fucking die in the opening stage.

Turtles in Time, Big Apple 3am.

Beginning of Chapter 1 in Uncharted 2

Metal Gear Solid. Credits in an opening level? You're playing a freakin movie!!!

And if this counts the car ride in The Walking Dead.
"Just goes to show you, people will go mad when they know their life is ending."
-Cop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle