Bad things.

madster111

Rookie
So. Wind speeds in excess of 200mph, 25 foot waves and the destruction of the majority of the power and phone grids in the regions being hit by it.

yasilatest420x0.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weath ... 1acgp.html

Not understanding the size yet?
Here it is compared to the US.
738933tcyasisuperimposeb.jpg

...Yeah. Bad things are going down.

Get the kite out Maddy.

And try peeing into the cyclone...see what happens.

i cant find anything about this storm anywhere... i assume it didnt amount to much?

i wanted my fix for destruction and chaos in the news today, egypt is getting old.

Egypt is getting old?! It's coming toward the peak of destruction!

Expect GTA Egypt coming soon to shelves.

Green_Lantern said:
Ask New Orleans what a category 5 hurricane feels like....

Yeah, but New Orleans flooded because it is below sea level. If the storm like Madster posted hit the US it would be far more devastating.

All the best Aussies.

WickedLiquid said:
Green_Lantern said:

Yeah, but New Orleans flooded because it is below sea level. If the storm like Madster posted hit the US it would be far more devastating.

All the best Aussies.

?

A storm like that HAS hit the US before...Many times...It's the exact same category as Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the fact that NO is below sea level is irrelevant...

I've been through a hurricane before in Florida, granted it was only a cat 3, I still witnessed the destructive nature of hurricanes and it's pretty insane...Hopefully there was a little bit of time for the ground to dry out a bit since the rains from a few weeks ago.

Everything went better than expected, with it dying down surprisingly quickly. AFAIK, no deaths have been reported.
Massive property damage already reported, though, as well as the majority of whatever crops weren't destroyed by the floods. Bananas will now cost more than gold, and general fruit prices will rise pretty high. In areas where the eye hit, there's said to be above 90% destruction to property. 177 thousand homes are without power, likely will be for at least a week and all of the above ground phonelines are gone too, meaning the not exactly great mobile network is going to be working overtime as it tries to deal with the influx of calls.

And yet the AUD is still worth more than the USD.
Enjoy that little fact, longo.

Green_Lantern said:
WickedLiquid said:
Green_Lantern said:

All the best Aussies.

?

A storm like that HAS hit the US before...Many times...It's the exact same category as Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the fact that NO is below sea level is irrelevant...

lol, sorry I was high when I wrote that :? What I meant to say was...

I thought you weren't taking into account the fact that New Orleans is below sea level. I was pointing out that's why it was flooded so badly. If Hurricane Katrina hit somewhere with a high elevation, let's say Colorado, it would still be a brutal storm but the aftermath wouldn't be as chaotic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle