Android

I think Chris and others who think people have smartphones to say "look at me! I'm cool!" need to grow up to be honest.

I mean really, who thinks you're cool for having a smartphone? They're so commonplace now it doesn't matter if you have one. Yes, I get it. You're oh so disenfranchised.Seriously though, most people in the real world don't care.

Do I care if someone has a flip phone that can't even check Facebook? No. Do I care if someone has the newest Android with ICS? Not really.

Do I have a smartphone? Yes. Is it useful for reasons beyond app development and Facebook? Yes. I can store my work's vault codes, alarm codes and cashbox codes on a cloud server and access them from my phone without worry of my wallet being stolen and those codes being stolen along with it.

A friend of mine is in the Coast Guard and working the Port of Entry in Portland deals with a lot of non English speakers. He has a handy app that listens to what the individual is saying in their native language and it translates it to English for him. He can change the settings to translate what he says into their language. No language barrier to worry about.

Access your entire MP3 library on the go without worrying about how much space is on your device? Google music!

Long public transit ride getting you down? Open up the Kindle app and do some reading or play some games.

There's a lot more to smartphones than "hey I'm cool!". Anyone who gets one to be cool is a douche. Anyone who really thinks the majority of people get them to be cool is also a douche.

Now I can almost agree when it comes to people who have to upgrade their phone every single time a better one comes out. Shit. Save your hard earned money and use the phone that came out 6 months prior that works just as good.

Chris_Crime said:
That's what I'm telling you. Is it really that shocking? It'd be a waste of money. Upgrading from an iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S is not the same as upgrading from a bike to an automobile.

Except, I don't do that. You're trying to paint all of us here into some group that buys the newest phone every month, just because we have a smartphone. I bought my phone for $30, and yet you still are trying to put me into that former group. Why? What's with the combativeness?

Chris_Crime said:
I'm just giving my opinion as well. I never expected to change anyone's mind. Like I said before, there's a new cell phone topic every other week. Good luck finding where I've voiced an opinion before in one of those threads. So you can calm down. I spoke up once, but I'm not preaching to anyone, and no one's listening.

See, Chris, here's your problem. You don't walk into a thread, tell everyone how stupid they are about something, tell them they don't need it, and that you're better than them for it, and then say, I was just voicing my opinion and didn't expect anyone to say anything. That's not voicing an opinion. That's trolling.

Wait, are we supposed to be PC about cell phone users now? Oh Archie Bunker, we need you back!

Obviously not everyone who owns an iPhone 4S is a pretenious hipster sitting in Starbucks listening to an indie band you've never heard of, And not every Asian is super smart, and not every black guy eats fried chicken and not every...

Let me guess. The ones who say I should grow up or have a problem with me saying anything in this thread have smart phones themselves. Actually that wasn't much of a guess at all, it was a statement.

I blame the guy thinking you're cool for owning a smart phone, not you for owning a smart phone. I don't stop by your other cell phone topics to "smart off" or troll. I said something i this one topic and the smart phone owners decided it the onus was on them to fight back. Fight back what? My opinion? It's just as valid as your own. If you didn't agree, don't bother responding. It's why I never give response in the other cell phone threads. If anyone is combative here, it's not me.

1 thread, 1 voice against the smart phone crowd. Nice job, you bunch of bullies, aren't you tough.

Lethean said:
I know not everyone can make as great of topics as you Chris but really, you should leave some topics be.
So this is part of Lethean's PM. God do i hate responding this to guy over PM. Dude's passive aggressive to the max. Stop messaging me, Lethean.
But to your point, I don't post in most topics. And when i do, you get upset, make it a point to prove how my point's wrong, yours' right, and fill my inbox with a bunch of messages calling me a dick.

I've hurt this guy's feelings more than I want to know ... APPARENTLY.
It's up to you to opt out. Don't read it. I don't remember ever saying I'd fall in line and agree with the next guy because it was the right thing to do. It's not.

You calling other people bullies? That's worthy of a few lawls.

If we can stop the bickering and get back on topic as to help Madster with his question that would be great. I shouldn't have engaged in the derailing myself

Madster you wont find iPhone 4S speeds on a phone in that price range but close! I would definitely look for the Optimus 3D.

Is it worthy of a few lawls (ugh) how many times you've called me a dick? Because I have the pms right here.

lawls? fucking hell. For the record, I haven't called you a dick.

If you have your reasons for enjoying your smart phone, enjoy. I don't have any reasons for it. I actually have my reasons not to own a smart phone.
My reasons are my own. Did you agree with my reasons? No. Then you disagreed. That should have been the end of it. Voice your opinion, I'm not stopping you. I encourage you to, but I don't need a phone to take a picture (of a tire). I have a camera. I don't need to google my purchases, or bring up my bank account every other hour. Did you want me to apologize for that? Didn't think so, no.

I should grow up. Aren't you moderator or something around this joint? ha. You.

No one is saying your point is wrong Chris. You made generalizations about smartphone users in a thread about smartphones, with mostly people who use them posting in here and then get upset when their stance on them seems defensive. You can't honestly expect people to listen to you make negative generalizations and not react. You're accusing me or others of wanting you to have the same line of thinking, which isn't true. Nick and myself were simply disagreeing. Hell I even agreed about people upgrading every few months.

This is a thread about cell phones that's gotten waaay out of hand.

inb4 lock. better make with those pm pics quick

Lethean said:
You can't honestly expect people to listen to you make negative generalizations and not react.
When did I ever say I did?

I don't care if you get defensive. It's far more likely that you really seem care that I have anything to say about the needlessness of smart phones.

This has gotten ridiculously hostile and needs to stop with that right now.

Now, since this thread was asking for help, I'll leave it open until help has actually been given. But the petty squabbling is over. Anyone at all who persists in this pointless argument will be reprimanded.

Chris_Crime said:
Let me guess. The ones who say I should grow up or have a problem with me saying anything in this thread have smart phones themselves.
Not a bad guess considering 90% of phones sold these days are 'smart phones' and the cheapest brand new are $70.

Also,

So yeah. Fast enough, easy enough to use and the gaming controls are awesome.

woah, this shit has exploded like a fat kids ass after eating too much taco bell.

anything android os you get A LOT more customization, iphone not so much.

Posting from my brand new samsung galaxy s 2 lte

Its amazing. Glad you showed me the light lethean. So fast, so vibrant

Feels so good to be a dumbass. First thing i did was pose with it and make a "youjelly?" caption

intoTheRain said:

Feels so good to be a dumbass. First thing i did was pose with it and make a "youjelly?" caption

That's the one with ICS, right? Apparently apple is suing to keep samsung from selling it in the U.S. And I guess their case is actually fairly decent this time (unlike their other lawsuits against Samsung in the past few years).

NickKmet said:
intoTheRain said:

That's the one with ICS, right? Apparently apple is suing to keep samsung from selling it in the U.S. And I guess their case is actually fairly decent this time (unlike their other lawsuits against Samsung in the past few years).

Its actually got the old Os but after a lot of research, watching side by side comparisons i felt the galaxy s 2 would make me just as happy if not happier than the galaxy nexus. I love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod