YouTubers - Do you watch and follow?

I've decided to attempt to make my own YouTube channel dedicated to digital drawing and cartooning, particularly in regards to instruction. I've given myself a target goal - to have my first video finished within thirty days. It doesn't have to be uploaded, it just needs to be finished.

The first video will be very simple, focusing on digital line art, or digital inking so to speak. I'll work and instruct with an imported image (a sketch), and then quickly show the viewer how to do digital sketches, to then do digital line art, so there will be a bit of layer work in there. I'll be working with Adobe Photoshop CS5, but these techniques can also be applied in GIMP (which is free software).

I'll be on camera to introduce the video, then I will be using screen capture software to record what I'm doing on my computer. I'll also have the camera on my tablet as well, which will cut back and forth between screen capture and live action footage, to demonstrate what I'm physically doing.

My boss here at work is supportive in what I want to do, and is allowing me to use equipment from work, as long as I properly care for it. The equipment and software I'll be using follows:

-Canon 5D Mk III DSLR
-Audio equipment of some sort
-Screen capture software (need to research this)
-Adobe Photoshop CS5
-Adobe Premiere CS5
-My graphics tablet, Wacom Cintiq 12WX
-My PC

I'll also need to source a soundtrack, and am happy to pay for licensing. I want to use a retro gaming kinda soundtrack, something 8 or 16-bit.

Planning begins soon. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

What is CGP Grey about? It looks like a channel all about politics and history. Is that right? I'll have to watch a few videos when I can.

I've seen Broscience as you've mentioned and I think he's pretty funny. I haven't seen the alternative for Elliot Hulse's page... lately I dunno how to feel about Elliot Hulse. I mean, he's very successful and has done a fantastic job, but it's just not the same, not what it used to be. :/

I'll look up Allan Thrall.

Not going to lie but... Elliot's videos have gotten too weird for me. And I thought I was weird.

Haha, Boogie! He's a funny bloke. I remember when I first saw his "Francis" video and I thought it was real... but he's a clever guy with a good sense of humour.

Everyone on who uses Twitch, give this guy a follow
twitch.tv/thespartanshow

He's literally the reason why The Playroom on PS4 is popular. I tried trolling him a once and I failed. Tried doing a mind reading trick, failed that too. At the time I didn't know he didn't know what trolling was. He was a great sport about it, which is why I followed him since. He took a break, because his 15 minutes of fame was overwhelming and other people leaked his address. Now he's coming back slowy and has a great community.

Here's my videos I mentioned above
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmieteRAPrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPwWJ29Brl8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo