Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an Athiest

• Other (specify)

• Total voters
Paradox said:
Agnostic

i have a grudge and dislike for all religions and would consider myself atheist, but the only reason i cannot is because from a scientific and logistical standpoint, even though there is absolutly no proof or evidence of a god, there is also no proof or evidence against one either.
Hmm i agree. The only reason i refer to myself as an atheist is because the non-believers don't have the responsibility to provide evidence that says that god doesn't exist, i can assume that god doesn't exist because of the lack of proof that a god does exist. If that made any sense to you, then awesome.

I am not going to vote.

I was once an Atheist. I've convinced many people there was no God. I was very outspoken about the matter.

Around 4 years ago, I went through changes in my life and it took a turn through for the worse, and I ended up by chance on the steps of a church praying and crying.

Coincidence? Perhaps. But perception is reality, and I felt like I was led to that place, and that I was meant to be there. With that said however, I don't believe in organized religion.

I believe in the Christian God, and have a bible. But I recognize the bible can not be trusted, that no one knows the whole truth involving the bible.

I life my live the best I can. I am an honest, good person. I pray to God and Jesus. I feel like that will be enough to one day get me into Heaven, and I am happy with that.

I really don't get who calls me what or how I am classified. I know what I am though.

I do not deny the healing powers of religion, prayer, repentance, and all that good stuff... because it does take away many burdens.

but I think the cold, hard reality is that it's nothing more than ways to cope with the hostile nature of the world. morality spawns from lack of a will to resist, where all faith is put towards the group and collective effort in order to provide for more security and harmony.

if one does not have the privilege of living safely within a large community I doubt he'll spend his time adopting any moral or spiritual ties. In the end, it's all relative.

final words,

"MORALITY IS HERD INSTINCT IN THE INDIVIDUAL" and of course "DEATH!!!!"

So I was watching Richard and Judy last night, and a book called The God Delusion won a book award. Looks really interesting. Anyone read it?

The_Cookster said:
Dawkin's fundementalist atheism is a slap to the face of anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

Add 'fundamentalist' to anything and it becomes asinine.

Sam

maca2kx said:
The_Cookster said:
Dawkin's fundementalist atheism is a slap to the face of anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

Sam

BURNAGE! I-OO-GA

Hmm...would that be the proper spelling of I-OO-GA? Makes you wonder....

maca2kx said:
The_Cookster said:

Sam

Are you critizising fundamentalism or the usage of the word? If using the correct word to define Dawkin's firebrand atheism is asinine then perhaps you need to read his trollop.

The_Cookster said:
maca2kx said:
The_Cookster said:

Sam

Are you critizising fundamentalism or the usage of the word? If using the correct word to define Dawkin's firebrand atheism is asinine then perhaps you need to read his trollop.

I'm criticising fundamentalism. I am an atheist but fundamentalist atheists give the rest of us a bad name, fundamental Christians give normal Christians a bad name, fundamental Muslims are now generally known as terrorists, give me an example of a fundamentalist who isn't a narrow minded bigot and I'll retract my statement, what I was getting at though is your statement was artificially limited to just idiot atheists, there's no reason to not extend it to any fundamentalist.

Sam

maca2kx said:
The_Cookster said:
maca2kx said:
The_Cookster said:

Sam

I'm criticising fundamentalism. I am an atheist but fundamentalist atheists give the rest of us a bad name, fundamental Christians give normal Christians a bad name, fundamental Muslims are now generally known as terrorists, give me an example of a fundamentalist who isn't a narrow minded bigot and I'll retract my statement, what I was getting at though is your statement was artificially limited to just idiot atheists, there's no reason to not extend it to any fundamentalist.

Sam

I would gladly agree that anyone with the narrow vision of fundamentalism is to be pitied.

I believe that dreams may be connected to some sort of spiritual world, as they are frequently too deep and cohesive to be haphazard mind vomit.

As a psychology guy, I should stress the role of the subconscious, but too many dreams are too creative, and too much unlike one's likely suppressed thoughts.

In other news: Dogs dream, too!

DavidDGnome said:
I believe that dreams may be connected to some sort of spiritual world, as they are frequently too deep and cohesive to be haphazard mind vomit.

As a psychology guy, I should stress the role of the subconscious, but too many dreams are too creative, and too much unlike one's likely suppressed thoughts.

In other news: Dogs dream, too!

However could you argue that? No one knows how coherent our subconscious is, perhaps certain peoples' dreams (I say that because mine are almost always weird) take on a certain slant because of their subconscious yearning for a spiritual world.

Sam

God's existence can't not be disproved, however only personal experiences can prove the existence of God to anybody. My personal belief is that there is a higher power that I can see through all the things around me, all the emotions of humans and nature etc. It doesn't go any more complex than that. I find religions to be full of all types of unreliable and unbelievable things based purely on archaic texts. Even so there are certain beliefs that I have some interest in, many Satanic, Stoic, Eastern and Christian(yeah, christianity and satanism) doctrines and ideas have interesting and good parts to them and I like to read about them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod