Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Agnostic

• I'm an Athiest

• Other (specify)

• Total voters
With the teens-4-christ stink, I want to see the majority of religious people (if any) on this site. So let's take a census, to see what religion dominates us "heathens" at GR.

I'm Agnostic so I don't really care who wins.

breakboykarim said:
How is atheism or agnosticism a religion?

-BBK

Religion can be defined loosely as a code of ethics and beliefs, under this definition atheism is plainly a religion' although admittedly 'religion does generally pertain to the belief in a supernatural entity.

And atheism.

Sam

maca2kx said:
breakboykarim said:
How is atheism or agnosticism a religion?

-BBK

Religion can be defined loosely as a code of ethics and beliefs, under this definition atheism is plainly a religion' although admittedly 'religion does generally pertain to the belief in a supernatural entity.

And atheism.

Sam

So what ethics and beliefs does atheism entail, apart from the conviction that god does not exist.

I myself used to be an atheist, yet it has become so evident that there is this force out there so I would say pantheist although I am a strong believer in morals and certain "religious laws" that I would say are inherent to man's existance.

-BBK

I am a deist, something that people hate but really does make sense.

1, God is real.

2, all of the worshiping done in the world is to the same god, the difference is cultural interpretation.

3, the bible is just a book, stories to express the beliefs of that cultural interpretation, and should not be taken word for word.

4, organized churchs are not necessary, as we can worship however we want.

Bible thumping Catholic.

Mostly because you guys are always hating on miracles. Also Kant's a knob. ^

I do tend to agree with some of it's rationalist leanings though.

It makes sense because, there is less emphasis on a communal religious authority and following a book, and more so on the fact of an individuals own commitments.

For example, a person misses church on sundays to care for the sick, go working at a job, or just because they choose to. The reasons are all different, but that individual still does pray from time to time, gives money to charities when they can, and celebrates all of the holidays with everyone else if they feel like it. They don't take it word for word, they don't go to church every day, they don't shut out people who have different religious views then them either. It an individual expression of a religious conviction.

In other words, religion is not about prayers, being saved, going to church, etc, it is about how an individual betters those around him by supporting them in any way they can, for good intentions, for noble intentions, or for no reason at all. Kind of like a fraternity at a college.

Pastafanarianism....the kid at school trying to make a fuss over that is a complete idiot. Somehow, I see this topic becoming a flame fest in the near future. Anyways, to answer the question.
Christian.

-omni

Agnostic

i have a grudge and dislike for all religions and would consider myself atheist, but the only reason i cannot is because from a scientific and logistical standpoint, even though there is absolutly no proof or evidence of a god, there is also no proof or evidence against one either.

I choose not to follow a religion. I have better things to do with my time.

/\(Paradox)That's exactly why I (like Wes, apparently) think that declaring oneself an atheist just a tad foolish and naive. It makes no sense.
However, from the opposite end, theism makes no sense either. There is no proof of gods. The religeous themselves will admit that they rely on faith, which implies that there is doubt, so I'd say that the religeous too are also a tad foolish and extremely superstitious.

So I say that agnosticism is the way to go, because...well, it's the only way to go. Everyone is an agnostic!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod