Wreck-it ralph

Hahaha, Bret. I wouldn't really call that a hipster statement.... Disney movies just generally suck unless you're a child.

Honestly, Tangled was alright. I didn't hate it. But it wasn't anything special as a movie. Then again, the first time I saw it, it was in a room with a bunch of guys proclaiming how hot Rapunzel was. I mean, they were mind-wanking to a digital character. Needless to say, I was a bit disturbed.

But yeah, it really isn't original in any way, and there are much better animated movies out there.

So yeah. Disney sucks a bag o' dicks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT7xc_XqYO8

Bretimus_v2 said:
Disney went through this phase or being very "in-the-moment", Wreck-It-Ralph looks to be of that vein, but at least it's something I enjoy.

I don't know, I mean if it's about an old school video game character from the 80's I doubt it's very "in-the-moment". Sort of like Scott Pilgrim where they kept dropping throwbacks from the 90's.

Like Longo said it could be hit or miss. If this was Pixar I know it would be a movie adults could enjoy just as much as kids, but knowing it's not I'm thinking it could be childish all through-out. I mean, I know it's a kids movie but it's not like 8 year olds today have the same connection to Bowser as adults who grew up with Super Mario Bros for almost 30 years.

NickKmet said:
Honestly, Tangled was alright. I didn't hate it. But it wasn't anything special as a movie. Then again, the first time I saw it, it was in a room with a bunch of guys proclaiming how hot Rapunzel was. I mean, they were mind-wanking to a digital character. Needless to say, I was a bit disturbed.
Nothing wrong with that. I mean, she was pretty hot. The weird part is that she's, like, just barely 18.

And it was a cute movie. Not really the best ever, but it was cute.

DEFINITELY not on par with Hunchback of Notre Dame. Not even close. Not. Even. Close.

Y'know if were on Disney films, I went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D a few weeks back.
We were meant to see American Pie Reunion but alas it was full. In all honesty - Belle fucking rocked my socks in 3D, plus she popped my 3D cherry.

The connection was I saw a little skit for Tangled amongst the trailers. The horse and little bug thing were freaking hilarious! Kinda made me want to see that film. I have a niece so I'll watch with her one day...you know, because SHE made me!

Did anyone notice the similarity of Wreck-It-Ralph's head to Mr. Heatmister?
Au5BA31CEAAcZrl.jpg

mite b cool...

I feel like the quality of this movie will hinge on the intentions with which it was made. If it was someone or a group of people who just love video games and want to make a movie about it, great. If it was a bunch of executives sitting around a table saying things like "Market research shows that males and females in our target demo are into these 'video game' things. We can throw in some 'old school' references for the dads and we're looking at a three quadrant hit. Get on the phone with that Japanese company and see if we can get the rights to their most recognizable character!" then it will probably kinda lousy.

I saw the trailer in The Amazing Spiderman and I think it looks pretty awful. Looks like a bunch of fanservice and not much else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle