Wow, a group of Christians are boycotting Wal*Mart....

Do you agree on the usage of "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"?

• I do agree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It is merry christmas to me. I dont give a damn what people are saying, I hav ebeen saying and will always say merry christmas. If some jewish guy came up to me and said happy hannukah I wouldnt get offended or anything. it is just real petty. Of course the christians arent right here, there are other holidays out there at this time so it does seem reasonable for corporations to do this. The only thing that irks me is that people are trying to tell people to say happy holidays instead of merry christmas. If the person wants to say merry christmas then let them say merry christmas, damnit. It isnt the end of the world.

It is sad that people get worked up over small things like this. This is what society has come to. :/

I think Wal*Mart is severely myopic in its business stature using just "Happy Holidays." It's a generalization to try and cater to everyone. As a business, they need to be aware and tend to the needs of as many of their customers as they can. Christians are just one demographic, and I doubt it'd be hard to put up a 'Merry Christmas' display to earn their hard-earned money and respect.

Many people observe that the holiday spirit is about tending to others, so Wal*Mart should get a hint and put up a sign so my mom will let me shop there again. I'm tired of going to K-Mart.

KurtCobain94 said:
monkeygoat said:
but I belive that you should call Christmas CHRISTMAS not XMAS. This is not Wal Mart trying to appeal to more people or be Politically Correct, or when people say Xmas its not trying to shorten it. Or how they try and put reindeer christmas lights up instead of the real message of christmas and the nativity lights in the centre of my town. This is about people trying to get the whole "christ" thing out of christmas. And I think thats wrong.

I am taking you to school you arrogant ass.

Did you happen to know the term "Xmas" comes from a Greek way of saying "Christmas". Christ in Greek is "íŽÂ§íÂ

Hah, I missed that rant about calling it Xmas over Christmas. My 8th grade art teacher always got steamed up when some of the class referred to it that way. I had to explain to her the history of such a truncation and then to satisfactorily shut her fat trap and go back to giving us one M&M each while she ate the rest of the bag. Ugh, she was the most noisome of any of my teachers.

i honestly think it doesn't matter, but I say Happy Holidays anyway, I always did.

So they should just shut up, we don't need controvercy over a holiday, religious or otherwise.

i find it sad that a religion that can count 75% of america as part of its faith, has the most influence in the white house, and is the most widely practiced religion on Earth, claims that is constantly under persecution. sad indeed.

and seeing as how following of christianity is falling and islam is now Earths fastest growing religion, i will not help but chuckle at the look on a bible thumpers face when 'in god we trust' is replaced by 'praise allah'.

KurtCobain94 said:
monkeygoat said:
but I belive that you should call Christmas CHRISTMAS not XMAS. This is not Wal Mart trying to appeal to more people or be Politically Correct, or when people say Xmas its not trying to shorten it. Or how they try and put reindeer christmas lights up instead of the real message of christmas and the nativity lights in the centre of my town. This is about people trying to get the whole "christ" thing out of christmas. And I think thats wrong.

I am taking you to school you arrogant ass.

Did you happen to know the term "Xmas" comes from a Greek way of saying "Christmas". Christ in Greek is "íŽÂ§íÂ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod