World population is expected to pass the 7 billion mark

Nope. Not at all. Something will go horrible wrong/major science breakthroughs/etc. which will even out the balance.

Maybe half of California will snap off, create a massive Tsunami and wipe out half of Asia.

The GR forums have gone all funny. Danny spilled his drink.

It's not like we're suddenly gaining a billion people. Sure there are some areas that are overpopulated, but there are vast areas that aren't.

I just think we need a good war to wipe out the lower class. Maybe get India and China to fight each other. Suddenly, population goes way down.

Longo_2_guns said:
I just think we need a good war to wipe out the lower class. Maybe get India and China to fight each other. Suddenly, population goes way down.

Yeah, all you need is for those two countries to nuke each other, and global population would be back down to around 5 billion (probably less).

Then again, no more cheap shit from china?

Meh, the 85 million of those are in UK - they're the bastards taking up my space! I'll worry about the people polluting my world domination later.

What's scary is when I was in grade 1 I remember my teacher telling us there were 5 billion people on the planet. You're telling me in 20 years we've increased our population by a whole 2 billion?
:shock:

At least there's still lots of room in Canada eh.

yeah were fucked.

I mean, Africa alone is going to have a population explosion of nearly 700% in terms of young, underage teenagers in less than 10 years....teenagers with no real direction...

LinksOcarina said:
yeah were f*****.

I mean, Africa alone is going to have a population explosion of nearly 700% in terms of young, underage teenagers in less than 10 years....teenagers with no real direction...

And they seem to be eradicating that population at a much higher rate than its growth.

I remembered when China started that "One child per household" rule the world population growth rate lowered a bit. The 7 billion mark doesn't worry me though... out here.

The Yellowstone Supervolcano erupting will help wipe out a nice chunk of the population. Bring it on mother nature.

cyberjim2000 said:
I remembered when China started that "One child per household" rule the world population growth rate lowered a bit. The 7 billion mark doesn't worry me though... out here.

They need to implement that rule in India these days too. They aren't that far behind China anymore.

In the US though, we'll be experiencing population decline over the next 30 years or so unless immigration picks up considerably. Basically, as my parent's generation (baby boomers) dies off, the population will continuously contract.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133