Why we should have replays in games

maca2kx

Rookie
Probably all games but certainly on those you can go around doing your own thing. I am of course thinking of Grand Theft Auto but there's also Force Unleashed that would benefit greatly, Spore would be very interesting, I've had funny moments on both Vegas games and there are so many more. Why am I saying this now? Because I just trashed my car on GTA4 so it was pissing out flames from the rear wheels. As I bailed out, the car narrowly avoided hitting a police car parked at a red light and I noticed a PCJ (I've been searching for a bike so I can easily complete stunt jumps). Obviously I had to get that damn bike but the rider pulled away ready to move off so I shot the guy instead. Always ready to serve, the policeman hopped out of his car ready to bust me and as I was trying to get past him to get on the bike my car blew up, killing the policeman and throwing me clear over a car to my left cartwheel style while depriving me of much of my health. Awesome.

Sam

i couldnt agree more. replays are probably one of my most sought after and hardly found features in games. Ever since the first Driver for the playstation, I have enjoyed watching from different angles, my various gaming exploits. It's probably my favorite feature in halo 3 is the theater. i love saving particularly intense multiplayer matches, or runs through the campaign.with it i get to hear dialogue from the covenant i had missed, such as a brute lamenting his fallen comreade by screaming at me " You killed my lover!" so yeah, anyway, more games should have replay features.

well maca, it might not help you, but it certainly helps me.

still, i think you're right, instant replay would be pretty cool. if they just made it so you could replay the last few minutes of gameplay, it would be pretty sweet. and if they let you record it...now that would be awesome.

Whilst I agree with you Sam, for the most part, I think there's something to be said for sharing your experiences verbally (or in this case in written form).

There's something much nicer and more personal about being able to read just how the game made you feel and how much you appreciated the moment.

I think the description above benefited from your enthusiasm and was much more effective than if you had just posted a link to a video on Youtube.

It would be nice, Halo 3 did it very well. I was just playing Crackdown the other day and a few times in that I wished I could watch again.

I can't believe that games like Burnout or GTA 4 don't have replays. If you can drive vehicles in the game, watching replays should be self-explanatory. That's why I was so impressed with Gran Turismo back in 1998 - it had the best replays I've ever seen. And Driver series with its Film Director option is another great example how to make really great and deep games.

I had an awesome moment on GTA4 online that could only be explained as the best Michael Bay directed GTA scene ever.

basically it was me and two friends (and some others that for the sake of this replay we'll totally ignore as they were off elsewhere)...

Anyways we start off at this building next to one of the docks, its all havok as we all scurry for weapons to kill each other, I quickly grab an uzi and bail for a motobike passing, and in a group effort my two buddies decide its in the best nature that im it, and im going to be chased down and killed.

So im piss bolting down the main streets of fictional NYC on a bike dodging incoming traffic, all the while two cars are chasing me, guns blazing, causing mayhem on the road... im on my way to the Helicopters to cause some mid air revenge... I break away from my friends (by this time they know where im going) and its peaceful for a couple seconds, im running towards a chopper and get in... then two cars just smash through to the dock escaping their cars mid air, fall and proceed to get a chopper of their own.

So we are all in air scooting through the buildings mini-guns blazing and BOOM, I get one of my friends down, chopper decends into several cars on one of the busy main streets... with him down its me and my last friend... swooshing, dodging, causing a royal muck... then he just goes straight at me and manages to smash my chopper to bits and he flys away like a smug asshole.

IT was one of the best internet gaming moments for me of all time. You just don't have that quality of gameplay in the Single Player game.

I miss playing GTA online. I just bought NBA 2K8 and it has one of the best replay uses ever. You can do a replay but then at the end of the game you can choose each individual player and watch all their highlights. It's great.

For those times when you do something abso-frackin-lutely hilarious in a game and wish someone had been around to see it, replays would really come in handy.

My master plan is just to get a DVR and recond every waking moment of gameplay I undergo just in case.

Rainbow Six Vegas is a game that sorely lacks replays. It would be nice to see things from a broader angle, like when 15 enemies randomly spawn all in the same place in Terroist Hunt and you have to defend yourself and your prone ally.

Alos, the NCAA Football and Madden games have had the best replay feature lately. Allowing you to review ANY play from the ENTIRE game, view it from one of ten standard angles, and save it. The only problem is, when looking through your saved videos, you can't zoom in and have to settle for the tiny window it shows you them in.

since some people have posted their replays verbatim, i shall do the same!

me and my roomate were playing some halo 3 splitscreen on live. team slayer on zanzibar (i forgot the halo 3 rename ). i had discovered an abandoned warthog over near the sniper tower closest to the base. i hop in eager to find an ally to hop on the turret. my roomate says he's in the base, he'll come out and jump on. "sweet deal" i exclaim and i put the hog in reverse at full speed. (the base was oriented behind me). not really looking where i was going or knowing full well what or whom was behind me i met up with my roommate. well, my rear bumper met up with his face, and promptly killed him. i fled the scene. he called me an idiot. i laughed and saved a film clip. then i watched it over and over. gawd i love replays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod