Why I hate 2011.

TheJx4

Rookie
Because I always have the money for the games, but then something ALWAYS comes up.

The details are a little personal, but I've missed out on both Resistance 3 and RAGE because I had to help out with certain expenses. Some of them, I did out of the kindness of my heart and because it's family, but damn does it suck.

I'll probably have to get everything used or wait until the new price is significantly lower, because I have to spend my money on things I shouldn't have to worry about until I'm living on my own.

I was really looking forward to RAGE. Maybe it's time to give GameFly a try. Eh.
Suggestions?

I'm not able to do that.

The most I can drop on a pre-order without having to worry about helping out with bills and whatnot is $5.

Which is why I didn't Pre-Order RAGE.

Our little Jx4 is growing up!!

No, in all seriousness, I feel for you man but that is just how it goes sometimes. If you are looking for new games, I would not suggest GameFly. There is generally long waits for newer games, I've had both Deus Ex and Dead Island at the top of my queue for near a month and haven't received either, always get a game a little farther down my list.

Focus what bit of money you have on what you really want, and let the others come to you as time passes. Yeah, you may not get to partake in something right away, but you will eventually.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Our little Jx4 is growing up!!

No, in all seriousness, I feel for you man but that is just how it goes sometimes. If you are looking for new games, I would not suggest GameFly. There is generally long waits for newer games, I've had both Deus Ex and Dead Island at the top of my queue for near a month and haven't received either, always get a game a little farther down my list.

Focus what bit of money you have on what you really want, and let the others come to you as time passes. Yeah, you may not get to partake in something right away, but you will eventually.

I could deal with it last year, when I didn't have a PS3.
but jeez, the PS3 receives an exclusive for almost every huge AAA multiplatform game.

So yeah, I guess I'll have to settle for MW3 and UC3 this year. RAGE for Christmas, hopefully.

I'm most likely going to rent RAGE, but I've heard rented/used copies miss out on content in the game, which is super stupid.

I can tell you I'm in the same boat as this summer I planned on getting about 5-6 games, now that I'm enrolled into College, I may be getting Skyrim and everything else is running through GameFly.

I don’t know the details, so I’m flying blind on this one, but $60 isn’t enough money to change the world. Most emergencies aren’t going to be solved by such a small amount of cash, some might be lessened, but to most it is a drop in the ocean. Again I don’t know anything about this situation, I don’t know how you get your money, how much money you get, or what you need to spend it on other than games. Sometimes it is okay to act a little selfishly, if your game money really won’t help that much, and it is only a noble gesture on your part to give it, then buy the damn game! But that said there are a lot of little things that can come up that $60 is more than enough to cover, so use your best judgment and try not to feel guilty about things you cannot control.

TheDiesel said:
I'm most likely going to rent RAGE, but I've heard rented/used copies miss out on content in the game, which is super stupid.

I can tell you I'm in the same boat as this summer I planned on getting about 5-6 games, now that I'm enrolled into College, I may be getting Skyrim and everything else is running through GameFly.

Just a few Sewer Missions. Heard that they aren't anything special and are 1 to 5 minutes long.

TheJx4 said:
Just a few Sewer Missions. Heard that they aren't anything special and are 1 to 5 minutes long.

Then renting it shall be. I just can't afford now to spend $100+ on a few new games when I make $500/month and going to College. :?

tinymhg said:
I don’t know the details, so I’m flying blind on this one, but $60 isn’t enough money to change the world. Most emergencies aren’t going to be solved by such a small amount of cash, some might be lessened, but to most it is a drop in the ocean. Again I don’t know anything about this situation, I don’t know how you get your money, how much money you get, or what you need to spend it on other than games. Sometimes it is okay to act a little selfishly, if your game money really won’t help that much, and it is only a noble gesture on your part to give it, then buy the damn game! But that said there are a lot of little things that can come up that $60 is more than enough to cover, so use your best judgment and try not to feel guilty about things you cannot control.

I'm the manager of one of those Entertainment on wheels type things. We mostly do games and stuff.

So, my pay varies from month to month. I made $180 last month, not bad considering I only did two 3 hour parties and I have to split the original pay with 4 other people.
Pretty much all of what I'm making is being used.

I purchase everything I need on my own, so my parents won't nag me about it if I lose/break/light it on fire.

tinymhg said:
TheJx4 said:
I purchase everything I need on my own, so my parents won't nag me about it if I lose/break/light it on fire.
You plan to burn your own sh*t? :shock:

When my buddy got home from Ramadi, he said everyone over there was doing that. Black smoke, all through the skies, and the smell, the smell of a fiery cesspool.

Growing up and responsibilities suck. Plain and simple. With 2 kids and having to put $500 a month into savings, it doesn't leave me much money for anything really and it's been this way for several years. Although only recently was money starting to be put into savings instead of paying off an insane amount of bills.

For someone who makes $2400-2600 a month, I don't see much of it :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle