Which game will get the coveted A+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck are you talking about icepick? The grading system he posted is what is used in elementary schools in ontario. In high school they just go straight to percents and in University they use a 12 point system. But yes, what boringman posted is what was used when I was in elementary school.

While I understand that Canada wants to prove to the world that it is a real country, they don't need to invent a different grading system to do it. :p

- C!

TheNesMan said:
What the f*** are you talking about icepick? The grading system he posted is what is used in elementary schools in ontario. In high school they just go straight to percents and in University they use a 12 point system. But yes, what boringman posted is what was used when I was in elementary school.

....well I figured everyone here was.. you know... not a child and beyond grade school, sure that very well might be what they use in gradeschool, I'm just going off of what highschools say their percentages equate to, but i mean if we're talking gradeschool than seriously, what a fucking weak point

"in grade three this was good so colins wrong"

I think it had something to do with the self-destruction of the American economy...

Or, more likely, this A+ thing has been discussed many times before and the whole America vs Canada thing is much more fun.

When in doubt, Blame Canada!

But does it really matter? I mean we know how it works the grading system you know?

If an A+ is ever made, then it will be a strange day indeed for us all.

Following Links's slightly-on-topic post, I would like to say that just because a game has flaws, it shouldn't mean there is no such thing as a perfect score.

To be honest, even the proclaimed "best film ever made" Citizen Kane had its own flaws... and yet that does not stop people from rating it a perfect ten, or a five out of five stars, or whatever have you.

Hell, if anything, I think Mario Galaxy deserves the coveted A+, and anyone who has played it will delightfully agree.

Icepick said:
TheNesMan said:
What the f*** are you talking about icepick? The grading system he posted is what is used in elementary schools in ontario. In high school they just go straight to percents and in University they use a 12 point system. But yes, what boringman posted is what was used when I was in elementary school.

....well I figured everyone here was.. you know... not a child and beyond grade school, sure that very well might be what they use in gradeschool, I'm just going off of what highschools say their percentages equate to, but i mean if we're talking gradeschool than seriously, what a f****** weak point

"in grade three this was good so colins wrong"
I wasn''t stating Colin's wrong, I'm stating you're wrong for refuting what boringman said. But nice try moron.

call me a moron? I'm sorry, we were talking about the grading system GR uses, boringman goes over what "canadians mark" and I was completley correct in saying we dont, he stated, and it can easily be viewed as "all canadian schools" mark this way, when in fact they dont, grade school does, but thats not all the schools

so god fucking forbid I figured we'd talk about highschool marking, or college marking

either way, I'm still fucking right, in where canadian schools dont mark that way, the lower grade ones do maybe, I can't ever recall being marked so absurdly, but I know for a fact I was never marked as such in highschool

nice try moron

Of course you weren't marked as such in high school because they never converted your percentile into letters. They try to stray away from the arbitrary letter grading system where the teacher can dictate the mark easily without having a definite marking scheme. I thought that was obvious.

they still mention the baic conversion of what equals what when you begin grade nine so you can self evaluate, and it was no where near what boringman claimed it to be

When I entered grade nine i received no such basic conversion. I think it's reasonable to assume that they would maintain the same scale from elementary school to high school, albeit they use percents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle