Where is "The Witcher" review?

It's been out for a month now and I've playing it ever since. To me, it's better than any other recent RPG out there, even better than "Oblivion" or "Gothic 3". So are you going to take a look at it or just ignore this little gem?

Yeah I agree, The Witcher looks like a pretty good game from what I have heard and I was wondering whether to buy it or not a few days ago and I need a review to decide.

But the GRandmasters are busy people and you can write your own review first to show that there is interest in the game and help me out too, just hit on a couple of pros and cons and make a conclusion. It doesn't have to very long or anything.

EDIT: Wow, I did some extra research on this game and it turns out that it's really really good no matter where you look.

Thats funny... It looked like a bargain bin title to me when I saw it at Best Buy the other day. I remember PA doing a comic about how funny the name was and that was it...

Get with the review Chris- lets hear more about this game.

I think many people, me included, were very pleasently surprised how good this game actually is. Especially when you consider that it's the first game from Polish developer CD Projekt.
But beware - you need a fast computer to play it smoothly. 2 GB RAM is a must here, because if you have less memory, the loading games are just insanely long. I tried it with 1 gig and had to wait about 2-3 minutes while entering and exiting buidings. This is unacceptable because there's a lot of loading to do. BUT with 2 GB you're good to go - it loads only 5-15 seconds. And there should be a patch out soon that will eliminate autosave and decrease loading times.
I'd like to talk about more this game, but not here. Maybe I will write a review as soon as I finish it. But to put it shortly - if you fancy a mature RPG adventure game with a strong storyline and dialogue, original combat with fluent animations, skill trees, alchemy (mixing potions etc.), one cool main character with a strong language and even some nudity then look no further.
The year is not over yet but for now, it is a GOTY to me.

http://files.filefront.com/witcherwmv/; ... einfo.html

I bought the game the other day, and I'm in love with it. It's a fantastic roleplaying game.

My gripe (and my PC is top of the line, here) is that after about 45 minutes to an hour of play time, I will enter an area and it will save, and then it will crash. It's really starting to piss me off.

honestly I don't notice any special features in the review, any excuse as to it's incredible length of time between release and review? It just seemed like chris tried a touch to hard and it came out in a jumbled mess

and seeing as i'm here, it's nice to see your still running the 5 free copies of the golden compass giveaway deal, after giving it an F and all

Thanks, it was actually a very honest and accurate review that did the game great justice and mentioned all of the positive (mature themes, unique combat) and negative sides (especially long loading times for slower computers and random silliness) so I have to agree that B is the right grade for it, I would've rated it the same way. (maybe even B+). A- would've been too generous indeed although it's darn close.

I can't comment the crashing problems that people are having because I haven't had any crashes to desktop whatsoever. Maybe because I use Windows XP? I heard it had some problems with Vista and there should be a fix for that on their home page.
Right now, I'm downloading a new patch that was released today which should decrease loading/saving times about 25-50%. Hopefully it will work as promised.

http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/ ... patch.html

EDIT: I tried the patch and can confirm that the loading and saving times are basically non-existent now. It takes only 1-2 seconds entering and exiting buildings. (2 GB RAM). Before it was about 10-15 seconds. "- Heap-big load times" should be finally fixed.
I love the fact how developers at CD Projekt actually listen to the gaming community's concerns and problems with the game on forums and actually do something about it to make their game as good as possible. You can really feel that they've put a lot of heart and soul into this game and it shows,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod