Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided review.

More than once I've seen it happen. A young hopeful coming in here, hoping they can sway your opinion on a review, telling you you never gave a game enough time. More than once I've seen that glimmer of hope turn into a fading light, soon to live in eternal darkness.

Or...At least that's what I hope happens to people who can't present their case in a respectful manner half the time.

Now I'm not going to tell you all to redo a SWG review. Or even tell you it was complete trash. SWG is a game I love to hate and hate to love. It's both my Yin and Yang, my Bonnie and Clyde, my Handcuffs and normal se....Anyways...

...I am curious though, since Sony basically reworked all of SWG from the ground up, new professions, new xp system, new combat system...Basically an entirely new game, is there any chance you will be reviewing it again with the completely revamped look?

If not, has anyone here played it lately and able to give a brief opinion on what I'll call the new game?

(Honestly, story trampling and letting anyone be force sensitive aside, I think this new upgrade is a definite plus. I *may* get a new game card for it.)

it's not really possible for us to review mmorpg expansions unless one of us still plays the game. in the case of swg, i stopped playing it as soon as i finished my review. i'm sure the game is very different now, and i am very unqualified to have an opinion about it.

i hear they're about to majorly change the whole thing.

d

Yep!

It's alot like EQ2 and WoW now.

9 starting classes, no more hologrinding, or village phases, jedi can be one of the starting ones. More interaction with the NPCs and movie characters, quest item rewards and quest xp so not near as much grinding, FP or third person view, voices, new combat system, stats on items such as agility, stamina, luck, strength, etc etc....It's pretty much a whole new game.

I'd recommend just giving it a try for even a day or two, not even so much as enterainment journalists, just to play it as SW fans and see if it's an improvement or not.

Due to the fact they are changing the whole thing, I would think it is a good thing to give it another review. I don't think it is an expansion as much as they are giving it an over haul. Besides, there is a 10 day trial floating around out there- 10 days ought to be enough to give you a good taste of how it changed. OR you can just send me a copy of the game and I'll do it for you.

That would be good too :)

Don'tt make a jedi if you do play it at all nowt.

I'm a level 63 jedi and two level 61 mobs can rip me apart.

A bounty hunter can take on numerous mobs like..4 levels higher than him.

i havent really fought anything my level. i started a super long quest for low levels and im just killing time until they fix some more issues. im enjoying the game again though. i feel bad for the guy who bought my jedi is sept lol

I was gonna make a post asking them to re-review it until I played it a little more and realized they would give it a D- or something. Yeah, sure it seems good. It's been so long since the game was actually half-way decent.

I cannot put how angry I am with Sony right now into words. Jedi is a complete and utter joke. The game is so buggy it's not even funny, it's like playing an Alpha. Little bits and chunks of the old game are floating all over the place. This new system would work if they worked out the bugs and got rid of the old game remnants, but they scared everyone off, and people are needed to make this new system work.

Not to mention the insane mouse clicking that goes on and the clunky interface.

Ugh.

Well, that's just my experience with Jedi. The time that I've played a spy, I've had fun. The game needs more people right now though. And at least I get a cool robe, a cool crystal, and the ability to turn blue glowie.

What I find really funny is the fact SOE wanted to change the game to get more and more people playing. When I first started playing, after the hologrinding but a few patches before publish 1.9 (when they brought back jedi), there were tons of people. Even when WoW came, tons of people.

Sony thought they would put more asses in the stands so to speak by their combat upgrade. Then they went and did another one. They need to lok at the facts and realise it was after CU1 and perhaps CU2 that people started to leave.

I don't blame SOE. They did try. They tried to please everyone, which is the problem.

My main gripes with SWG:

-Too many Jedi in a time when Jedi were sparse
-Jedi class is horribly unbalanced and weak
-Game is too buggy (ie. environment, quests, etc)
-Too many NPCs that give meaningless quests that give you 100 credits and no XP and not enough mobs for certain quests. (So...Get rid of 3/4s of all the commoners hanging around in cities who LOOK like they give you something useful to do but don't, and add MORE mobs.)
-Player cities getting in the way of quests and the environment
-Lack of skill in creating a class now

The skill system they had before was perfectly fine, they just needed a balance so people wouldn't be the cookie cutter fencer/tk/rifles build. You could pick and chose what you wanted, while having to play it smart as you could miss out or gain some great attributes. You could only master 1 elite profession but still find a group for the hard stuff. (Krayt's, corellian corvette, etc etc) because you could still have tier 1 skills in other areas helpful. Now it's one profession, all level based so you're limited EXTREMELY in the sense you're only as good as that number beside your name. (I was able to solo Giant Dune Kimos on a master swordsman character....Now, I'm the same level, just a jedi, with no other skills because I can only do jedi based skills, I die in a few hits.)

If SOE keeps the quest system, reverts back to pre-CU and finds balance in classes, they would be on their way to having a winner. (If they did extensive testing....Right now I feel as though I'm paying to beta test a game.)

Initially I was pleased. I did the training area on a new character and loved it. Then I saw it was as if they had mispelt something, and instead of erasing it, tried to right over top of it with the rest of the game, which made for a total mess.

PS. It's really annoying you can't lock onto a target in ground combat now and it changes anytime something walks under your reticle.

Lol wait until you get a lightsaber. It ignites every time you target something and retracts every time you move the reticle off of a target, making a really annoying igniteretractigniteretractigniteretract situation.

-FCM- said:
Lol wait until you get a lightsaber. It ignites every time you target something and retracts every time you move the reticle off of a target, making a really annoying igniteretractigniteretractigniteretract situation.
Oh I know what you mean. I was able to respec, I'm combat level 63...Apparently mastering an elite profession and being 4/0/4/0 and 0/4/4/0 or w/e in two other elites only gets you a CL 63.

Anyways...I get my lightsaber, toss on force run then gift of the elders, turns out that combat bugs you >_<. Then again what doesn't bug you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod