after reading the nascar 08 review, I'm curious

Icepick

Rookie
did the reviewer even play the game? While I agree the game is sub par, I'd even go so far to claim it was a horrible purchase (I'm really desperate to find games my 360 wheel works well with, anyone whos played forza knows that it simply ups the difficulty, not the fun factor) I'm left puzzled by some statements

not all contract races are 20 laps, and a plethora of other incorrect facts lead me to question how long you actually play a game before pumping out a review, the games still fairly new, and lets be honest, GR is never the fastest to shell out a review.

most of our reviewers pick up assignments at the office, but work from home. how long we play a game usually depends on the game. an rpg might require 40 hours, while a puzzle game might only need 4 or 5.

so i can't say how long shawn spent playing. i do know that shawn has been doing this for a very long time. often we describe problems (or any aspect of the game really) with broad strokes. getting into the minutiae leads to long and boring writing.

if they played every game they got for 40 hours or more it would take forever for them to get reviews out. Dont bitch most other sites have the review out the day its out or the day after and it gets a good grade it dosent deserve. Besides who would want to play Nascar 08 for more than a half hour?

Most reviews are just a rough guide to what people can expect to see,(you're right - i guess) a lot of the more detailed reviews wont be out till about 2-3 days after the game is released. when im deciding between games, i look to reveiws, but they dont carry THAt much weight, just something to think about while im in the store staring at the games for 45 mins.

sparky87 said:
Besides who would want to play Nascar 08 for more than a half hour?

the same nut jobs that like to WATCH nascar.

if your into it enough to watch a car go around a track 500 times, im betting you can sit there and simulate it for as long as necessary.

You can be a fan of racing games but not of the sport. I don't watch rally racing or drifting, but Colin McRae and Forza games are fun as hell.

sparky87 said:
if they played every game they got for 40 hours or more it would take forever for them to get reviews out. Dont b**** most other sites have the review out the day its out or the day after and it gets a good grade it dosent deserve. Besides who would want to play Nascar 08 for more than a half hour?

woah captain shit bag, who said I was bitching, I was merley pointing out an inconsistancy and a generalization that lead me to question the reviews merit in a simple way

as for sites that have the game reviews out the day of, hate to shit on your theory of them not giving it a proper go, but massive coorp sites that bring in lots of revenue tend to get the games before release

you honestly thought IGN couldn't review a game until it came out, they wait in line to pick it up, go home, rip through two levels and than review it?

its ok to disagree with a review, but either way the review should be accurate. stuff like how many laps there are isnt too important to get right, itd just be nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod