Review Challenge....

I just got the newest issue of the "esteemed" Game Informer magazine, and I decided to look at the "reviews" this month, since last month were all of the blockbuster games.

So yeah, Shaun White Snowboarding got a 6 and a 6.5 for the 360 and Wii versions, respectively.

For the record, you guys gave it a B+.

Then, they did another review for an obscure and shitty game called Legendary. It's a first person shooter that has an art thief open Pandora's box, releasing werewolves, griffons, and other mythological beasts into the world. They gave it the same grade as Shaun White.

For the record, IGN gave it a 2.5.

So I have a challenge for you, if your up to it.

If you guys can get a copy of Legendary for the 360 or PS3 and have someone play it for a review, I want to see how "accurate" the Game Informer review is.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. How cool would it be to just go out and freestyle snowboard with hundreds of other players online? Sounds like an awesome addition to Home to me.

I guess some people must think it's not worth a higher grade because it's not their idea of fun....or they're retarded.

The only review I was concerned about was Spiderman: Web of Shadows. You guys gave it a B, while Gametrailers.com gave it a mere 5.2 (or somewhere in that neighbourhood), while IGN only gave it a 5.7. What's going on here?

The reviews for Web of Shadows ranged from a 5.5 to an 8 on all platforms though, and at the very least, the 360 version which got a 5.7 seemed like he was too nitpicky...

A friend just picked up Legendary this weekend. He said it's really epic so far, but he's only played about two hours and it's all been really scripted, so it may lose some luster as the story evolves and slows down.

The gameplay looks like basic FPS, which is easy to tolerate or "stomach" even if it's not done quite right.

It is neat how far reviewers can differ in opinions, though. The trick is to actually READ the reviews, then you can see what the reviewer actually disliked or liked, and how much that affected his overall enjoyment of the game (and then determine how much YOU would enjoy the game). Trusting scores or meta-scores is no good.

LinksOcarina said:
The reviews for Web of Shadows ranged from a 5.5 to an 8 on all platforms though, and at the very least, the 360 version which got a 5.7 seemed like he was too nitpicky...

I looked at the GT and IGN reviews - seems like they like the gameplay fine but they couldn't stand all the campy dialogue and acting. Me, I was digging it comic-book style so I barely noticed, your tolerance for that stuff may vary. If the delivery bothers you the game might feel more laborious, I know that the Spider-Man 3 game almost annoyed me as much as that terrible f***in movie, Spider-Man 3.

I like how GameTrailers outright said the game looks awful, maybe I need to get my eyes checked?

Also I wish Blake well on Legendary, I hope for his immortal soul that he doesn't have another Turning Point: Fall of Liberty to suffer through!

Greg_Damiano said:
Also I wish Blake well on Legendary, I hope for his immortal soul that he doesn't have another Turning Point: Fall of Liberty to suffer through!

Dude, I played that game for about an hour maybe and promptly brought it back to the office. We can both pray for whoever has to review it now. hmmmm.....Actually....Greg. Are you reviewing anything at the moment? :twisted:
For those who are curious, I would rate it in the D+ to F catagory based off my personal experience....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod