I'm Getting Worried With GR's Wii Reviews

Boringman54

Rookie
Why, you may ask. My main concern comes from their newest Wii review for that pinball game. You guys gave it a B+. That means you like it as much as Brawl, TP, Corruption and MK Wii. Why is this? Why must all the great Wii games (except for Galaxy because that got an A) get a B+?

Boringman54 said:
Why must all the great Wii games (except for Galaxy because that got an A) get a B+?

Because aside from the Wii-mote, they offer very little new? Perhaps the graphics are dated? Maybe because the Wii is the type of toy you get where it's great for a week and then collects dust when you realize how so many other things are better than it?

Oh man, you guys should see the dust on my Wii. It looks like it must be owned by a family of vampires or something.

used44 said:
Oh man, you guys should see the dust on my Wii. It looks like it must be owned by a family of vampires or something.

Wait...Did you mean that in the way I think you meant it?

I dont think it's that, however. I think it's more of the fact that developers are still trying to figure out how to make games for the bloody thing.

I am playing Scarface on the Wii, and it's an ok game with the controls, but could be utilized a bit more with the capabilities the machine has. Pinball does it well, apparently, as do a slew of other games. But unfortanatly, a lot of crap is on the Wii and it is giving the machine poor reviews.

This report will help explain why Wii games tend to score low:

http://gamefunk.net/?p=57/

As for the B+ for the Pinball game, it is practically perfection for a game in the pinball genre - which is essentially as niche as you can get. Also, this is Tom's opinion, not GR's, though it's natural to assume that GR is one whole entity instead of an amalgamation of lots of people's opinions. If Chris were to review the Pinball game, it might have gotten a B; if Tom were to review Super Smash Brawl, it might have gotten a A-. (In fact, it would be interesting if we had a second opinion spiel... though for me, it reeks of Game Informer.)

A second opinion spot would be nice, but I think the GMs are busy enough getting the reviews out.

I use gamerankings anyway, plenty of opinions meshed together allows for a more accurate result.

That report doesn't really tell us why Nintendo first part games we're underated compared to some of the other games now coming out with a B+ on Wii.

It's more about why there is a lot of poor 3rd party games.

I'm not too concerned with Twilight and Brawl being rated B+, but if they are top tier, shouldn't that give them a little more?

Unless you have 4 people to play, the Wii is essentially a decoration and conversation piece more so than a serious gaming system.

BigZell2020 said:
Unless you have 4 people to play, the Wii is essentially a decoration and conversation piece more so than a serious gaming system.

Somebody didn't play MP, TP, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, No More Heroes....

Or fucking Smash Bros. I just got that game yesterday, and it's the best multiplayer experience since... ever. :|

But then you have to give that same standard to other games, like Halo 3. That is a fun multiplayer experience, but the single player game sucks.

I didn't think single player Halo 3 sucked at all, maybe one or two many flood levels but was a lot of fun.

I can't wait for Brawl to come out here.

Which GM will be reviewing Wii Fit? It could take a while as it really is one of those games that you should be playing for a few weeks to see how it works for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod