What's the point of life?

You started questioning that too, WickedLiquid? I always looked at that subject, because I'm NOT religious at all. I'm also NOT an atheist. I believe there's something after death, but nobody knows the truth until their dead. Atheism is correct, we all decay, but what happens then? There's got to be something that created The Big Bang Theory. Something that created this galaxy. We have evidence of other galaxies, but what created them? Religions are stories and beliefs. None of them truly have any facts, because they're just stories that been brought from generation to generation. Like with most generations, they don't get the stories correct and they've become altered. Yes, I believe there's a higher power, but I don't know what will happen when I die. I only look at this subject, because my life is so boring and my job is the same routine every night.

This subject can be chalked up to blissful ignorance.

We don't know why we're here because we can't comprehend it. The same way your cat or dog can't comprehend that you have to go to work and make money in order to buy pet food and feed them. They don't know where the food comes from, they can't comprehend how the pet food got there, it's just there, so they enjoy it.

Either The Universe, God, or whatever you believe in has always been here and there was no beginning. OR something came from nothing. Either explanation is impossible for us to fathom. So we just can't comprehend something that is beyond our mental capacity.

danielrbischoff said:
My outlook is... someone has to be here for Longo and GL to s*** on when it comes to video games. :-/
And I'm here because someone has to keep Daniel in line. Otherwise, he'd be a total casual. A. Total. Casual.

I never want to see anyone like that ever.

Also, 42. Surprised I'm the first to say that.

Wes said:
This subject can be chalked up to blissful ignorance.

We don't know why we're here because we can't comprehend it. The same way your cat or dog can't comprehend that you have to go to work and make money in order to buy pet food and feed them. They don't know where the food comes from, they can't comprehend how the pet food got there, it's just there, so they enjoy it.

Either The Universe, God, or whatever you believe in has always been here and there was no beginning. OR something came from nothing. Either explanation is impossible for us to fathom. So we just can't comprehend something that is beyond our mental capacity.

That makes sense, although it does make me feel pretty stupid.

thom-yorke-1.jpg

You can hang it up over your bed :)

You don't know bad itching until you've had a burn injury. Imagine having an itch the rest of your life that you can never scratch. I get phantom pains and itches all the time and I can't do a thing about it since it doesn't actually have nerves there. So frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle