Greg Giraldo Dead After Accidental Overdose

The article doesn't say what kind of overdose it is, but it was actually prescription medicine, not hard stuff like cocaine.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/09/29/greg-giraldo-dead/?icid=main|aim|dl2|sec3_lnk1|174184

I'm kind of curious, we have seen Anna Nicole Smith, Brittney Murphy, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger and a bunch of other famous celebs die from accidental overdoses, why the hell is this still happening? I mean, are celebrities and people in general just killing themselves slowly with prescriptions now and taking too much (whether it is intentional or not) is a quick deathblow?

Well, all of those you mentioned except Britney Murphy were under extreme stress that we couldn't really understand.

Heath Ledger was having nightmares from his role as The Joker while Smith and Jackson were constantly under the spotlight and was the butt end of every cynical joke for the past 20 years.

I think Murphy and Geraldo were probably accicentdal deaths. Maybe now Comedy Central will stop these horrible roasts?

Ledgers nightmares were only speculation I thought.

Still, if people are Overdosing on prescription medicine like that, doesn't it mean we need to stop popping pills for everything?

Yeah, of course we should. We should also out law cigarettes and fast food but it ain't gonna happen :?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you can't die from prescription pills unless you combine alcohol with it.

LinksOcarina said:

Yeah, I think a lot of the truth of Ledger's death got lost in the Batman fanboys trying to speculate such things to make the movie seem more important, in some sick way.

Stupid and tragic.

used44 said:
LinksOcarina said:

Yeah, I think a lot of the truth of Ledger's death got lost in the Batman fanboys trying to speculate such things to make the movie seem more important, in some sick way.

Stupid and tragic.

That sucks.

Back when he passed away I heard about the nightmare thing on the radio so I thought it was true. I mean when it comes to facts Radio > Internet

not just celebrities either.. my friends older brother died this week from an overdose. it happens more than you may think. tragic

Yeah, this is pretty sad.

I mean, he was no Hedburg or Carlin, but he was still funny.

Prescription drugs are dangerous, man.

The negative consequences of habitually taking certain prescription pills are horrible. Worse than cocaine and many other "hard drugs."

It seems famous people have an affinity for getting strung out on this crap. It's a shame no one managed to help him. Of course I'm assuming he had a habit like Heath Ledger, Mitch Hedberg and all the others...

WickedLiquid said:
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you can't die from prescription pills unless you combine alcohol with it.

That's true for the valium and xanax class of drugs. Other drugs such as opiates can kill you with or without alcohol. But just about any CNS depressant becomes much more dangerous to use when combined with alcohol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle