Origin Stories

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
Bretimus_v2: Origins

Anthony, you called me out on the podcast (46:05) yesterday. And how dare you! I’m sitting there listening and enjoying some late night games while my new baby is finally asleep and you attack me? Besmirch my honor? Forcing me to answer here. In text form. To be honest, I cannot ignore the opportunity to make a stupid reply. I mean, seriously look at my post count! Anyway, you asked me why “v2â€

Back in March 2002, I created a forum account (back then my name was Prototype) and created a new topic asking for help with a mission in GTA 3. I got mad when Kaanchtoofan closed the topic with the scolding that there was already an official topic for GTA 3 related posts.

Flash-forward almost 10 years and I'm explaining said origin story in an official origin story topic.

The end??!!

Now we await for Longo_2_Guns, De-Ting and Bras. I can't remember if there were anyone else mentioned.

EDIT: Might as well mention my origin. My friends and I were playing on a mod for our Xboxs which fools the system link and enables us to connect to other players who had this mod. At that part in time, my family made fun of the way I ate food and called me a caveman. So, I came up with the username for this Xbox mod and called my self "Ugh" which I thought at the time sounded like the way cavemen communicate with each other. That's the first part of my name. Second part "Rochester" is where I live at. Which state do I live in? Just look at my GR profile.

Paradox said:
Back in March 2002, I created a forum account (back then my name was Prototype) and created a new topic asking for help with a mission in GTA 3. I got mad when Kaanchtoofan closed the topic with the scolding that there was already an official topic for GTA 3 related posts.

Flash-forward almost 10 years and I'm explaining said origin story in an official origin story topic.

The end??!!

I sure as hell hope not. That's amazing. Think of all the possibilities for the character and possible conflicts against this....conch2fan.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Yeah, Bras.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/profile/Bras

The origin of my username has been explained before, I'm sure. In Dynasty Warriors 3, Sun Jian exclaims somethng in Japanese when you use his True Musou attack, and it sounds something like "De ting! I am king!"

As for why my avatar is Squidward, it's simple. The expression on his face personifies what I think about most everything I have to put up with. And of course, Squidward is constantly plagued by the stupidity of others. I feel very close to him in that way.

So remember, I'm Squidward. I'm Squidward. Squidward-Squidward-Squidward.

De-Ting said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Yeah, Bras.
tumblr_leroqgGoGr1qg84dlo1_250.gif

Well Alright.

Uh, I came here in 1999 or slightly thereafter looking for cheat codes for goldeneye. Registered with GR in 05 for a contest I think, and then started posting in 08 or something.

As for origins, well, FLCL. Yeah.

Well, uh, nickkmet is my name. You know, Nick Kmet. Yup. Been visiting GR for years looking up cheat codes. Don't really remember why I started posting. Just did.

I grew taller before most of the year in school. So they all used to go "Matt-AY is here" in a kind of low voice and huge emphasis on the AY...depicting I'm a giant basically. I grew to 6' when I was 11. And I am 6' as I speak on the age of 25 right now.

I thought MattAY sounded cool at the time I made the account, but I regret it now. It sounds weird if you dont know what the hell is going on.
So I might make up a story...Matt..A...Y. And the AY stands fooorr Awww Yeeee.

....yeah

That's how I always figured it was pronounced.

As for me... I've told this story many times before. I don't need to tell it again.

And despite what most modern FPS games have to say, two guns is NOT enough. If I could, I would have 17. But that's not as catchy.

When I was in Elementary school, I was quite the artist. A few of my friends were too. We ended up creating a badass cardgame, inspired by Yu-gi-Oh! Everyone had "Avatars" and mine was AracnoX. This is only slightly relevant to my current name. But think of it as a backstory, because AracnoX became my alias for EVERYTHING. Every single site I signed up on before...maybe 2009, my username was AracnoX.

I grew out of it, around the time I got my PS3 and I needed a new name. I have four brothers. All of our names start with the letter J.

Technically, I would be TheJx3. However, I have an older sister whose middle name starts with a J, so I'm TheJx4. (The J.X.Four, some people say J times Four.)

HAPPY AMERICA?

My dad used to use the name Daddio whenever we gamed, me wife was pregant with our first kid at the same time he passed away from cancer. A few months afterwards I got sick of my old username and took the name Daddio06 (06 was the birth year of my daughter) when we got our 360. It wasn't an easy choice to take on Daddio, seeing how my family knew about it and I didn't know if anyone would get offended (my family is nuts like that). Eventually my brother said he felt it was a good homage to our father that I take the name, so it's been mine for 6 years.

I used to go by cGaige, way back in the day a bunch of us got together to go drunk bowling, somehow the guy entered my name Cgaige instead of Craige. Seeing how I was a really loud drunk everyone compaired it to a 12 Gauge and the noise it makes .. hence, cGiage was born. Always found it halarious how the old drunken party time nickname was replaced by Daddio, as it resembles the complete turn around my life took after having kids.

As for GR, I've been coming to the website since it started .. and I was like 10. Buddy of mine introduced me and we used it for reviews and cheats. My Username says I joined in November of 2008, but I actually signed up back in 2004 or something, had forgot my password and remade my account to start posting on the forums. Don't remember the exact reason I decided to start posting though. lol.

Edit. Decided to search my posts, I orginally joined to ask questions about the difference between Guitar Hero and Rock Band as I was going to get one of them for a Xmas present to the wife.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod